I feel sad that it's not me that has met someone, but I should be feeling happy for him. I am happy for him, but also sad for myself at the same time! God my mind is in a bad state! lol Must stop feeling sorry for myself!! :)
Lennon80 Lennon80 36-40, M 5 Answers Apr 6 in Community

Get over it. It is not a competition. Please, if that is your attitude then I would not be surprised if your next relationship is not a complete disaster. Take time, get ready, figure out what and who you want to be and be with. Then it will all fall into place. Sorry I do not mean to be harsh, but it needs to be considered more than a competition.

Best Answer

no you're absolutely right, although I didn't really mean it to come across as a competition. I should look at it more as something I need to do, independent of what my friend does :)

Best Answer

Sorry I did not mean to rag out on you. But please take your time to figure out what you can give and what you need and want out of your next relationship. I have been single for a long time. But many others think that they are a failure if they are not in a relationship and dive head first from one disaster to another. I can only advise you to spend some time healing and growing before you go again. How long is up to you.

Best Answer

thanks, good advice :)

Best Answer

Its natural.

Best Answer

Maybe your taking time to hit the reset button to start fresh but your friend is just bringing old baggage with him.

Best Answer

To be honest you never know someones real intentions this person they're with may just be a rebound (not to sound like a *****) but its true... and some ppl will put up with anything just not to be alone.. your not selfish but i think its pointless to think about what your friend is doing especially knowing that it may be for those reasons... :) or even if they have found the one it should give you more hope.. they're people out there dude :D

Best Answer