Headr Headr 18-21, F 13 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Health

I still have to get mine pulled out. There goes all my wisdom D:

Best Answer

I've had some pretty horrific injuries, so I know what pain is. (Apologies to the women, I've never given birth.) Wisdom teeth extraction doesn't feel nearly as bad, but I can honestly say I've never felt as all-around crappy as when I had my wisdom teeth out.

Best Answer

Not fun. Good luck.

Best Answer

I had four teeth taken out at once (three were wisdom teeth) they used general anesthesia so i wasn't awake for anything. I didn't really have any issues. I had to keep ice on my face for the first day or two to keep swelling down (per instructions). had to eat soft foods (chicken broth, pudding, jello, etc) for the first couple of days as well. I didn't really need the pain meds that they gave me. After a couple of weeks, they'll have you squirting salt water over the stitches to dissolve them enough to come out, since they are biodegradable. not that big a deal. my 16 year old brother had them taken out recently too. he went to school the very next day.

Best Answer

I had all four pulled out at once. I had it done for free at the Dental College in San Francisco. It took four hours for the student to get them out. A lot of scraping and prying and stretching of my mouth. Pretty uncomfortable. Next day my cheeks swelled up ,made me look like Dizzy Gillespie or a squirrel with an acorn in both cheeks.

Best Answer

Wow! You actually trusted a student to do that? I barely trusts dentists themselves. My goodness, I bet that sucked.

Best Answer

Afterward someone told me it should have taken two hours.
Also, during the operation the student uses the corner of my mouth to gain leverage with a dental tool. He rested the tool against the corner of my mouth to pry out my teeth .It hurt bad but I had so much going on in my mouth I couldn't tell him . It hurt like hell. The corner of my mouth was practically raw after the operation. BUT ...it was free!!

Best Answer

had 3 removed about 3 years ago...injections hurt the most..but i heal well

Best Answer

I just got them out this year, and the first day wasn't so bad. It was the swelling on the second and third day that really hurt. The pain meds helped, but I don't want to lie and say it was a pleasant experience. But, yes, definitely less painful than giving birth lol

Best Answer

I haven't,but my son did this year and all 4 out,i must say he was really good and healed fine.

Best Answer