Midnight01294 Midnight01294 18-21, F 23 Answers Jan 10, 2013 in Community

Don't. signed- Retired Military.

Best Answer

Gotta agree with this the cut backs right now are absolutely brutal....

Best Answer

lol no, ive actually wanted to do ever since i was little.

Best Answer

dont go in there....another monster warfreak in the making of you do...

Best Answer

Don't join the Army.

Best Answer

Remember that basic training serves one purpose only: it weeds out those who can't follow orders. Everything else is ancillary. You won't learn how to do your job. It is like the kindergarten of the military. You will be given stupid, but lawful orders that need to be obeyed. Many people can't bring themselves to follow these absolutely idiotic orders. You will understand this when you get there.<br />
Since its purpose is to weed out those people and not to brainwash you, feel free to forget everything you learned in basic training after you finish it. Everything that you actually need to know will be taught afterwards. Physical training now will make the physical pain hurt less, but there is nothing to numb the mental pain. Just pretend you are like Forrest Gump for the couple of months of stupidity that you have to endure.

Best Answer

very very very helpful..thank you very much&lt;3 :)

Best Answer

Oh, and I forgot to mention that even though basic training weeds out most of those who can't follow orders, it doesn't get them all. And dealing with those people for your military career will make you wish that basic training was ten times harder.

Best Answer

why you joining? u do know that alot of ppl get they legs n arms blowed off in explosions n shot at too...do they pay u enuff for all that?? it would have to be like a couple million a year for me to do that.

Best Answer

im a female, and im not allowed in the combat zone, i actualy wanted to, that is until i found out its only reserved for the males. but i will try to find a MOS that relates to the outside world, so when i get out, ill have apply for a job relating to my job in the military.

Best Answer

oh that smart cause u could do technical stuff that get paid alot too! ok cool i guess its worth it if you use it to advantage later! I hope you enjoy it and do very good at it too! oh an thx in advanced! haha be careful

Best Answer

yw and thank you as well :D

Best Answer

Congratulations on your decision, you have a wonderful adventure ahead of you and you are moving into the ranks of the greatest people in America and American history. You will have great opportunities to expand your capabilities in life as well as educations second to none.<br />
Enjoy, be true to yourself and the constitution, take advantage of the opportunities provided. Your life is about to expand exponentially over your peers and family

Best Answer

Thank you so much :)

Best Answer

Your welcome. There are many changes that will take place, for me, it was getting away from the family and finding what I was made of and capable of, and it started me in a career which I have followed for the remainder of my life. Heck of a jump for a farm kid who wouldn't say **** if he had a mouth full. To go back, buy the family farm and put all new equipment on it, build a new house and still be debt free. And, I have enjoyed my 40 years of working life, I liked the jobs I did, there were projects which I litterally wanted to be at work rather than home, it was that fun. I wish you the same luck

Best Answer

Sounds like you've had a wonderful life &lt;3 :) thank you so so much, for the support..hopefully my life will turn out like yours, lol aside from buying a farm lol, &lt;3 xoxo

Best Answer

We each have out own dream, I don't think its required to buy a farm :-)

Best Answer

Get your "high school diploma" so they know your worthy of being killed!

Best Answer

Don't sign I'm retired Marine

Best Answer

When you go to war, take count of the number of white people you kill. You'll never get past zero.

Best Answer

When you come home the first time... you will notice a GIANT change in peoples views... and you realise it is something you can not relate with them

Best Answer

dont go in there....another monster warfreak in the making if you do...

Best Answer

Don't talk bad to your Staff Sergeant. They will hit back

Best Answer

lol good advice thanks :D

Best Answer

Anytime. Plus, they do make your run until you puke and force you to eat before the runs so...just power through :l

Best Answer

oh thats no problem for me, im a runner. and thanks :D

Best Answer

Good Luck, serve your country well you brave and awesome soul :)

Best Answer

hahaha thanks &lt;3

Best Answer

I salute you :D

Best Answer

I LOVE army &lt;3<br />
good luck :D

Best Answer

thank you :)

Best Answer

All aways remmber you put your self there so make the best of your chose.

Best Answer

Don't ask, don't tell.

Best Answer

Know what you want to do and stick to it. They will tell you about all kinds of jobs or "similar" jobs I saw way too many people signing up for a job they ended up hating.<br />
Also be fit basic will be a LOT easier if you can deal with the physical side of it easier.

Best Answer

thank you :)

Best Answer

duck

Best Answer

Avoid getting raped

Best Answer

no

Best Answer