Nazi Germany in 1933.
Triundi Triundi 26-30, M 8 Answers Dec 29, 2012 in Community

iroquois? mohawk? cheyenne?

Best Answer

Wow that more than makes up for that other stuff.

Best Answer

"Even a broken clock is right, twice daily."

Best Answer

Nazi Germany gets a bad rap.

Best Answer

Nope, any country where the people would allow some nondescript from a neighbouring land to lead them into worldwide murder (20,946,000), can't get a bad enough rap. They get to wear this stain forever.

Best Answer

The victors always write the history books to their purposes.

Best Answer

The survivors of the camps hardly count themselves as victorious.

Best Answer

Camp conditions would hardly be very good after all supply lines and sources of food, water, and medicine had been bombed into oblivion.

Best Answer

Perhaps we're talking about different camps ? I'm speaking of the camps where they killed and burned people. There are a few survivors who witnessed these things, moreover, there are U.S. and British soldiers who also saw the aftermath of the camps. And there are plenty of photographs, because the Nazis were very proud of such an "efficient" way of being rid of what they considered the undesirable elements in their society. These things are a matter of record.

Best Answer

I'm speaking of Theresienstadt and all the nasty ones. People were sent there to work. I'm not saying that people didn't die, but you can look for yourself at old newspapers in the past about "6 million Jews dead" here and there over and over from the 1870s. I'm not even making that up; go and read them yourself. Then wonder why that particular number is the go to choice for supposed Jewish genocides.

Best Answer

But the point is, people died. Men, women and children were taken from their homes, put in these camps, some were gassed, and there are live witnesses to it. They can't ALL be lying. And like I said, the Germans themselves documented much of it. The exact number is moot. A professor told me when she was a teenager in Poland, about having seen the Nazis line up some Jewish people from her village, make them *****, and shoot them all dead. Then the townspeople rushed to pick through their clothes.

Best Answer

The number is entirely relevant. Terrible things happen all over the world all the time. Stalin may have killed tens of millions of people in his time. The exact number might not be important, but +- 5,000,000 is too inaccurate to let slide.

Best Answer

So "everyone's doing it" ? I was waiting for that excuse to come up. It doesn't absolve the Nazis, not one bit. That just means they were among many evils in this world. It makes them no less evil.

Best Answer

You missed the point. The point is the number of dead does matter. Killing .5-1 million people is not as bad as supposedly killing 20 million.

Best Answer

It was way more than that, even though that would be enough, in my mind, and the fact that they were targeting specific ethnicities, not only Jews but Slavs and Gypsys, and advancing their "Final Solution" as genocide makes them more than deserve any condemnation. It's hard to find information now that's not blogs by apologists trying to sanitise the Holocaust by saying survivors didn't experience what they experienced, people didn't witness what they witnessed and yet, relatives are gone. These figures make more sense: http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/2473

Best Answer

The answer to the Jewish question had been evolving since at least the time of Marx. The Nazis didn't come up with anythign new in that regard.

Best Answer

Still doesn't absolve them of what they managed to do.

Best Answer

Or rather what we're taught they were able to do.

Best Answer

I've spoken to several survivors. Quite a few had settled in California. I've heard their stories and have seen a few numbers tattooed on people's arms. I've had no reason not to believe them, and I've seen enough evil firsthand to know people are capable of pretty much anything.

Best Answer

The tattoos were only printed at Auschwitz. It wasn't a nation-wide deal.

Best Answer

Well, gee, that's all right, then. Some people died with untattooed bodies.

Best Answer

The point is certain elements to include the total number of deaths have been exaggerated for political gain. The entire state of Israel owes its existence to the popular perception of WWII.

Best Answer

It would only be relevant if no one had been murdered during the Holocaust. The bottom line is, the Nazis murdered people for no other reason than ethnicity and their desire to "cleanse" their society, and ultimately the world, of so-called "non-Aryans". That this was their intent is a matter of record. Are you really so insensitive as to say they should be given a break because they actually didn't wipe out all of them ? A smaller number makes the deaths okay ?

Best Answer

Their reasons were rooted in the humiliation of the Versailles treaty, which many people accused the Jews of profiting from. The original Endlösung was to remove them from Germany and the lands to the east. Lots of people were held in camps--in fact the camps were designed for political naysayers originally. The Endlösung recommended treating them as partisans.

Best Answer

I get that the Jewish people were made scapegoats, but it doesn't justify the murder of men, women and children who weren't even alive during WWI. And it doesn't explain the reason other ethnic groups, Gypsies and Slavs also died in those camps. There's no way to justify it.

Best Answer

Germany you say? In fact it was during this period that they thought smoking was a health concern, long before the allies did

Best Answer

Learned people of the time knew a lot of things that might surprise you. For instance, methamphetamine were banned by a number of nations, including Japan of all places, in the 20s and 30s.

Best Answer

I guess they weren't so bad after all.

Best Answer

Well I know it wasn't France, the dirty bastards.

Best Answer

Nigeria?

Best Answer