I went on what seemed like a great date on Friday night. It was our second date. I didn\'t think anything could have gone better. The guy said he\'d had a great time (we laughed, held hands (he initiated), there were no awkward silences, I offered to pay for myself, I even picked him up from his place at his request & we made out). At the end of the night he said he\'d like to see me again, but for me to let him know when I was free so we could organise something. I texted him the day after to say that I\'d had a great time. I didn\'t get a response. I called him tonight (two nights after the date) & we chatted for around 20 minutes or so, but he barely mentioned our date & didn\'t mention a third. I guess he\'s not interested anymore, but I cannot fathom why. Anyway, I want to text him & just hear discover whether or not he wants to see me again. I\'d rather hear \'no\' than him just disappear.
joker46 joker46 22-25, F 4 Answers Dec 29, 2013 in Dating & Relationships

Frankly, because you've rung him and don't want to seem clingy, give him another day or so and text him, suggesting another date. As awful as it would be, if you don't get a response from him, there's your answer. I don't like your chances of getting a truthful "why" if he doesn't want to go out again. Sadly, that is one of the mysteries of the male; they are a world all their own.

Could be he has issues with another girl that he hasn't resolved yet, which might explain his sudden lack of interest.

The choice is ultimately yours, and I'm only suggesting what I'd be doing if it were me.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Call him and just ask him straight up if he's still interested.

Best Answer

I just spoke to him and he didn't ask me out again. If I called again within the next couple of days, would I seem 'clingy'?

Best Answer

Lets put it this way, if he likes you he probably wouldn't care that you called him, if he doesn't then you're just putting yourself through more stress from not knowing.

Best Answer

Pretty wise words from a teenage boy! Thanks :)

Best Answer

Why thank you :)

Best Answer

After reading the part i picked him up as requested and we made out.

Sorry theres your two mistakes, you must make them wait for making out and at end of night a quick peck on cheek.

Dont pick him up get him to meet you there, cause youv made it so eady for him he realises he doesnt need to try too hard and now hes even doing the treat her mean keep her keen cra@ now. Oh and yes when you start dating another guy he will probaly call you,

Look to the future date others, forget that one.

Best Answer

Thanks for your input. Usually I wouldn't pick a guy up but he has a medical condition and can't drive, and lives literally a 1 minute drive from me. Also, it was just extended kissing, nothing too intense!

Best Answer

i think he may lack in confidence and thinks your too good for him, with what you have just told me.
Not too sure how to deal with that.

Best Answer

Lol, well I got my wish about wanting to hear he's not interested rather than him just disappearing! I woke up this morning to a text saying "sorry, but I don't think you're the one for me." I don't know where things went wrong, so perhaps you're right and he thought I was too good for him. I'm also 18 months older than him (he's 23, I'm 24) so maybe that had something to do with it too.

Best Answer

you know what, men are stranger then us. They have mood swings as well... It could really be anything. Maybe he got scared because you're being the dominant one and he want to make the next move (so let him and chill out) dont call or anything. Other whys you will seem a little clingy. A man should be a man and he should if not make the first or second then at least the third move. If he doesnt call , oh well, at least you didn't go on 10 dates before realising he's a shmuck :)

Best Answer