blossomingbeauti blossomingbeauti 36-40, F 8 Answers Feb 2, 2013 in Parenting & Family

I'm gonna watch a sunset and look for Mercury and Mars in the sky with my boyfriend. When single, I usually buy myself chocolate. Chocolate is instant happiness!

Best Answer

What makes you think you do anything different according to your age, !!!!!

Best Answer

you'd be surprised at the different feelings and activities I've received over time with singling out age groups in the same question. Different age groups sometimes have different mentalities of the same topic than their peers in different age groups.

Best Answer

Although I have no objection to your experiment I feel you could have got valid results from just asking one question without the AGEISM you have shown. Your reply shows to me that you perhaps lack the cranial capacity in statistical analysis to actual draw any meaningful conclusions from your results. The fact remains that you have age issues and that here in the uk it is now illegal to show prejudice against any person due to their age.

Best Answer

This isn't prejudice, it's actually pretty normal for scientists to create experimental groups based on age. It's been proven that the brain works differently in different age groups. Idk why you're so offended...

Best Answer

@phoenixqueen, this questioner is prejudiced because they are asking the question to age groups of their own making. Let me explain: If you are twenty you may want to spend valentines day in the same way as a fifty year old but because the said twenty year old knows there are different age ranges they will naturally consider what the norm is for their age group. The results cannot be trusted. As the question is the same why is there a need to specify any age range. The questioner is showing two things...the first ageism and the second, far worse, bad science.

Best Answer

Thank you, Phoenix. And Lydia, if you take offense, don't answer. I have gotten very different answers over time by seperating age in various topics. I do not feel you insulting my intelligence proves you to be a respectable person just because you don't like my questions. If you look at my questions I ask, I ask fun and serious questions, both in general and to specific ages. One younger person said they spend their vday watching movies and playing video games while another older person said watching the sunset and spending time with that other person and another older person said it's not a special holiday to them. Just three examples of the different mindsets to the same question, one that they might not answer if their age wasn't singled out.

Best Answer

Because the question itself , is influencing the answer, each age group will give an answer reflecting the expected activities of their own age group. The same question asked of everyone releases you from only answering '' with in the box'' ie someone of 20 will then only say what it would be normally acceptable for a 20 year old to be doing, where as they may in reality be doing something very different.
My other point is ,age does not restrict you from doing anything you want to do, having fun , good sex, being romantic on Valentines day. , How someone looks on the outside , has nothing to do with how they feel on the inside.

Best Answer

No offence intended , my BF wrote the first answer, after us discussing it .

Best Answer

Sindy, you are mistaken. Some youngsters have contacted me with beautiful mature answers and some older ones have contacted me with answers a youngster might do. It is about the mentality, not prejudice. Please do not slander me just because you don't care for age different questions. I actually asked this question to all on another site and people made joke answers and laughed it up. Shows a huge difference with the age seperation. By the way, why do you single yourself out with age on EP? Some leave their age blank showing they are not including that information. Don't bash me when you include yourself in an age bracket for any purpose. It makes you look hypocritical.

Best Answer

To say that shows you don't know people that well. I have heard different types of answers. One teen spends it with her newlywed husband. One teen spends it with her parents and siblings because she was dying. One spent it in her pj's watching tv. One over 30 wanted to spend it at a brothel, while one over 30 spent it with her husband, while one over 70 spent it eating sweets. One 7 YEAR OLD wanted to spend it with her best friend who had cancer. One in his teens, got married to his childhood sweetheart so she'd have that nice memory before she died from her illness. One on another site I asked, spent it renewing her vows with other brides and grooms and she was a young adult. So don't patronize the intelligence of these people just cause they are grouped by age.

Best Answer

I really do not see how I am being hypocritical. Had you asked a different question to each age group I would not have had a problem. You talk of slander. What did I slander you with?

Best Answer

no problem. tell him I have seen creativity and maturity in many age ranges. a 7 year old who should be out being a kid and playing, wanted to spend it with her friend who had cancer. a 16 yr old who should have been thinking about hs graduation and prom wanted to spend it with her mom, dad, bro n sis cause she was dying. a 15 yr old male spent it trying to keep his newborn son since his ex-gf wanted to give him up for adoption. one teen told me he n his folks spent it arranging their daughter's funeral cause she had been murdered. some things that break the "young mindset" mold.

Best Answer

so if you had asked one question would these people not have given the same answers? You therefore prove my point surely or has my blonde hair and empty plastic head missed a point.

Best Answer

no, asking one question, got me joke answers and people laughing and making an insult of it. showing people i recognized their perspectives got me not only different answers but thank yous for taking them seriously and not assuming they'd be like the next person. oh, and in my opinion, hair color does not prove intelligence.

Best Answer

I would do what I can to have a good time. I dont do the same thing every year

Best Answer

at the military brothel!

Best Answer

Alone, wallowing listlessly in the sea of anguish and bewailing the loss of my faithful galley that hath been sunk by cruel Fate.

Best Answer

Y'arg, I hear ye, mattey.

Best Answer