I'm looking for the REAL four factors that affect the flow of current. I got nothing with my Physics book in school T_T I tried to find it in other books in the library but it confuses me. some books say it's voltage and resistance only; some say load and circuit type and the rest say temperature. please help T_T what are the real factors?
Amandra Amandra 18-21, F 12 Answers Jan 8 in Science & Technology

My brain hurts just because you asked about this lol

Best Answer

yeah. I know T_T and it hurts even more because I have to do it -_-

Best Answer

If it is in a physics class, then;

P=power:watts

E=voltage:volts

I=current:amps

R=resistance:ohms

Those are the correct factors and relationships for a physics class. Just FYI, I have my doctorate in physics.

Best Answer

thanks! :( yes it's in physics

Best Answer

uhm wait. current affects the flow of the current? O.o

Best Answer

Those are the 4 variables which impact electricity and are used in formulas for various calculations.

Amps/current effects the flow of electricity.

What is the exact question being asked?

Best Answer

I did not think there were 4. Current is the rate of flow at a given point. .

Best Answer

At last, a woman who recognizes the value of us guys! Er...resistance, conductivity, length of the wire and...temperature.

Best Answer

aww. thank you sir :'( I really needed help that bad

Best Answer

You're welcome :)

Best Answer

wait. the other people answered different :( I'm so confused -_-

Best Answer

voltage material that the current is going through leanght of the conductor leanght and thikness of the cabel sorry for bad english

v voltage high voltage means you can use slimer cabel like high voltage lines if they were useing home voltage of 120v they would have to be so thick there would not be enough metal on earth to power just the usa

L leangth long cabel is bad kind of hard to exsplain but high voltage lines use up to 400kv so they can transfer lots of power p wich is I * U=P so more U means you need less I so you can use thiner cabels

meterial i dont know the symbol for it lets say you are useing aluminium its nice it can fatige easaly but its not as good as copper you can have 1/2 slimer copper cabel than aluminium because its a better conductor but it costs more lets not get in to that it has something to do with the electrons on the outermost tier of the atom cant quite remember temperature can also affect this

p for the surfice area of the face of the cabel like if you were to cut it and look at the face of the cut thicker cabels can transfer more power than thiner cabels made from same stuff at the same voltage

exsample

if you do not have a good enough cabel and low voltage at the source low R at the consumer a light or heater you will have high current wich the cabel can not witstand and it will heat up and melt best way to describe this is take a look at the phone line it has very thin the wiers are like 1mm R of a circle because a phone uses only 50 w and probobly lower than 1amp maybe even less and than take a look at the power supply of your pc it is a lot thiker because it needs to supply 6amp or more and if you wanna see a realy thick cabel take a look at the + lead of a car battery it has to supply over 100 amps at times and thats a lot it is at least 5mm thick wow i wrote a lot im a car electricen so i had to lean all this at school good luck

Best Answer

Voltage, Resistance, Capacitance fequency

E / IxR or, in this case I= E/R

The "factor" that effect current depends on the RESISTANCE, not the Voltage....in Electronic (CBT)

However, if we are talking Frequencies, this is another matter and there CURRENT is effected by a number of things....

Power, and Wavelength....

In Digital, its effected by Capacitance and Henry's while in Magnetic current its MAXWELLS

What is the question....Or was that it and is it based with Frequency, CBT or Digital....?

Are you sure they're not talking TRANSMISSION "Line currents"?

Best Answer

my teacher just asked us to look for the "4 factors that affects the FLOW of the CURRENT and describe each" T_T he will just discuss this tomorrow

Best Answer

Ok....Let me grab my books...I'm a design engineer but to just say that is like saying "How much milk can I pour in an object"...Well that depends...Its is a pot, glass, bowl, what.....So that's what I mean....Seems to be just wide open

Best Answer

There may be a right answer, but I'd go to your instructor and ask them what is the answer they want to hear. This will be a stepping stone for more concepts so best to learn the ones your teacher will be using for their lessons.

Best Answer

but it's a homework

Best Answer

Make a best guess. Correct yourself when you get it back.

Best Answer

Stop it.....its electronics....There is no "Best guess"

Best Answer

You'd think that eh? I've had instructors who had an answer they wanted or due to curriculum needed to look for, regardless of if it was correct in the wider world. That's all I'm trying to get across.

Best Answer

I'm a design engineer....There is no "best guess" its MATH, not horseshoes.

Best Answer

guys no need to fight okay? just chill. I can't bear guilt all night just because of this stupid hw you two fight T_T

Best Answer

have you checked google?

Best Answer

yep but it only gives me resistance and voltage

Best Answer

I can send you an email to give you an anology to help you...If you want PM me.

Best Answer