Why do guys blow hot and cold like this??? Is it really just like flipping a switch between interest and apathy?
ashplowe ashplowe 26-30, F 11 Answers Feb 19, 2012

a whole weekend? is that suppose to be a challenge? Either we're bored and/or have other prospects

Best Answer

if she was expecting to hear from me, i wouldn't leave her hanging without some kind of warning or explanation.

Best Answer

If I was busy and had previous plans.. I would tell them I am not calling.. camping and such

Best Answer

I would have to be absolutely gutted with a partner to do that even then I would most likely txt

Best Answer

I'm not a guy...but I've written on here before. Maybe he is moving into a new stage. He's "caught" you, and now he's cooling his heels a little. Maybe the pursuit is over for now, and he is relaxed with knowing you'll be there when he's ready. Just speculating, though. I think you might be able to figure more out if you compare the way he is acting now to how he acted on the weekends before.

Best Answer

before he would initiate contact and ask me out. Though he kinda "forgot" about Valentine's Day. Maybe this is just another sign that he's not that interested in me :-(

Best Answer

Well..you've only been dating a month...maybe you're getting too involved or attached too soon? Honestly, I think that a lot of guys have a sort of relationship ADHD. I have a friend who knows a lot of guys. They are interested in her and smother her a bit, and then they disappear for a while. Then one hears that she's dating another one and has a fit, even though he hasn't contacted her in a while. It's nutty. I'd step back a bit and just try to go slow and easy. Find out if he is a grownup or not. A dating relationship shouldn't lead to all kinds of analysis and stress, especially this early on.

Best Answer

Did you call him?

Best Answer

i contacted him first the last two times, he wrote back...eventually, but hasn't contacted me since I decided to take a step back and see if he'd show any interest without my "prodding"

Best Answer

Well now you know.

Best Answer

No, and I'm pretty comfortable being alone.

Best Answer

Not by choice, but in the days I was dating we didn't have cell phones, etc., so we had to be both at home at the same time to talk to each other.

Best Answer

but today people have cell phones attached to their hips. So I can only assume it's because he doesn't WANT to talk to me :-(

Best Answer

Or he's just very busy?

Best Answer

Or he doesn't carry his cell phone everywhere... I'm the same way, I don't bother with my phone unless I'm relaxing.

Best Answer

Heck, my cell sits in my van for emergenies only.

Best Answer

I wouldn't be worried if he hadn't constantly kept in contact with me and initiated contact for the first month of our dating. It's a complete 180 in his communication style that's got me worried...

Best Answer

It's only one weekend, give him a bit more slack before you start to worry.

Best Answer