It's a nice way of saying "I'm waiting for a better offer,'' OR he already has another person in the wings he has his eye on. But still wants to 'have' you here and there. No man who really loves you says that. I was in the same tortuous situation five years ago. Not only did my feelings get hurt, but my ego, my pride, and self respect. I was basically a high end hooker for him. He left me for someone else he felt no 'confusion' over.

Best Answer

If he loved you, you would know. Sorry, i don't mean to be rude but he is asking you not to see anyone but he cannot give a definitive answer? I think you should move on and someone worthy of your love will come along. :)

Best Answer

Some other people here said it but I'll just repeat it. He has his eyes on another girl. You're his second pick. He's trying to wait and see if he can get the other girl or if he's going to settle for you. One of the big reasons you're second might be because you gave yourself to him instead of playing hard to get like number one is, but I don't know the situation.

Best Answer

ok... are the two of you having sex? If you are, then he's afraid of making a commitment to one person. If you're not having sex, what situation do you have with him now? I'm guessing he's afraid of being in a *committed* relationship, especially you because going the extra step , he feels it could take away that special friendship he has with you now. Going from being buddies that have sex, to something more could be more than he wants for now

Best Answer

I am having that same issue myself.

Best Answer

i am a guy, and all those things you said about this situation are not true. I'm confused about a relationship just starting right now. It's scary to think that this is how she will view me if i say i'm confused. <br />
I worry about her, i don't want to be that bad guy to her reputation dumping her down the road. I want to be sure about this relationship, and i don't know how to be sure.<br />
please help me before i screw this all up.

Best Answer

Look honey the signs are clear he is just playing you and for the date other thing he probably wants options and men have to keep a huge ego keeps them strong..

Best Answer

What does it mean when a gu says your not just another girl to me

Best Answer

he cares that you date other cause he wants to keep his options open sadly to say but ik cause i did this before and know this karma is a b.i.t.c.h. because i pretty much got cheated on straight up after i did choose her cause she got bored....you could say serves you right but i hate cheating its why the divorce rate is so high....(giggles) sorry got off topic, but id say make him jealous, OR....do something that he has never seen before ik that if im trying to choose between 2 girls and one of them turns my head and shows me something i havent seen before or sparks my interest, that other girl is as good as history. Sadly enough thats society nowadays

Best Answer

It means what you just try to saying he didn't understand you and so you not only didn't send your message across but you did a fine job confusing the hell out of him and created a misunderstanding possibly.

Best Answer

Don't know, and i've wondered about that answer EVERY DAMN TIME A WOMAN, EVERY WOMAN I'VE EVER KNOWN, HAS SAID IT TO ME!!!<br />
We don't know what it means, so why ask us? As far as I know it means the same damn thing when you say it. tell us, and we'll tell you..

Best Answer

he's not that into you. he complains if you date others because he wants to be the center of the universe. move on.

Best Answer

He's afraid of losing the friendship if you meet someone else but there is curiosity there from him. He's excited about the possibilities but not completely convinced you're the one. If you meet someone else in his mind he has lost you for good and it may take him eternity to get another shot at it (not necessarily with you) but with someone like you. He may know you well enough to think 'ah yeah, what's to discover?" whereas in a new partner he has like a new toy with lots of colourful buttons to explore. Basically he's biding his time but wants it both ways. When he says he's thinking of you night and day I reckon he's thinking about his confusion night and day. My advice? stay friends and move on or pose an ultimatum to the same affect.<br />
Latest thought. You know what? we so **** about with issues like this, this is not life or death, this is about games being played. Show him these answers and tell him to get real. Get real about yourself first and he will follow. You want a real answer? show him the reality of your feelings, right here, on this site and what other people think. Most are saying the same thing. Let him see what he cannot see.

Best Answer

He's not just confused, he's wishy-washy, ego centric and more than a little out of touch with his own feelings. If he can't make a commitment to you (that's mutual) then IMO he has no right to ask or expect you not to date others. LonlyYisak is spot on w/her advice - for your own sake... move on...

Best Answer

Don't chase him around. Just get to the point if you really want to give him a shot, but if he still hesitates I'd recommend forgetting about him. I don't know him, but my guess is he won't be a very loyal boyfriend if you do get in a relationship with him.

Best Answer

He wants to keep you on the line, but doesn't want to make a commitment. You're better off to cut your losses and move on.

Best Answer

Ask him what he's confused about.

Best Answer

he's just not that into you kindly put

Best Answer

Then why does he care if I date others? I don't get it.

Best Answer

no one is truly "confused" about their OWN feelings. there may be some indecision about how to handle their feelings, or even some lying about what they know they feel, but no one can be "confused" about what they feel. he's either lying to himself about what he feels, or just afraid to share what he truly feels...or doesn't want to share what he feels.

Best Answer

My opinion of his comment is this, Being "best friends" is very important to some guys. Especially if that best friend is a woman! You have become someone he can depend on if/when he needs someone he can bear his soul to that won't belittle him for having emotions! You are quite possibly the most important person in his life! Congrats! And he himself most likely shares your feelings of wanting more.The problem may simply be that he has seen in similar situations when it advances to the next level not only did someone lose their "lover" BF/GF, But also lost their best friend in the wake of emotions as well. Or perhaps he fears that he might not live up to your needs on a sexual level! He probably loves you more than life itself! And is afraid he might lose you.Try to understand that most men are creatures of habit.We don't like "change" & losing you would be a very traumatic change for him. Have you tried to catch him off guard? Your only chance might be to be the one making the first ,second and third move (so to speak). And he will need to be reassured that no matter what he will never lose you. And yes i do mean in a relationship status! So be sure of yourself that you are ready to commit to him completely no matter what! I hope this helps! Good Luck. "David"

Best Answer

Keep in mind that some people have been done wrong in a similar situation! Your guy just might be different ok!

Best Answer