I have a part time job now, and i do plan on working hard over the summer, but i have to pay rent. and i have to pay tuition, books, living costs, etc. i know that it would be supremely dumb to throw all my money on travel then, but i still do want to go. i made myself a goal of getting 5,000 into my savings by the start of this september. that is what i hope to make on top of paying rent, paying school, paying costs, etc- before i can think of getting plane tickets. however, projecting what i might make on an average 40 hr week over four months (my summer) i might clear out with just over 3,000. that strikes me as a tad low. how can i 1. live less expensive 2. find a better job 3. find small jobs to start saving up? --my trip will be about 1,200 including tickets, accomadations, food, and a little extra to make sure i don't get stranded. all ideas added makes you a god! ty.
1202am 1202am 18-21, F 8 Answers Feb 9, 2011

get a job at the airport..........last time i worked there it was $50 a round ticket.........not bad, eh? ;-)

Best Answer

thank you! how did you come about this airport work? and that doesn't sound bad at all...

Best Answer

Consider travelling as a courier. There are a number of companies that will allow you to fly for free or for very little if you register with them as a courier. Check it out.

Best Answer

thank you, i will ^^

Best Answer

you need to prioritize ,going on a vacation is a luxury and not for people who can't afford it!

Best Answer

and please. lot's of people have many reasons for travelling. mine is about seeing my original family (i am adopted). i am asking for advice that may give tips to people wanting to save up like me.<br /><br />
either way, travel or not, finance advice (and creative ideas) are much welcomed.

Best Answer

AYCC is a homework tutoring marketplace. If you're a student seeking smart solutions to your difficult homework assignments or someone who’d love to pass on your pearls of wisdom for a specific topic or a question and earn additional income, join www.aceyourcollegeclasses.com

Best Answer

get a roommate. the best way to cut living expenses is to go after the big costs. a roommate will cut your rent in half.

Best Answer

I have the perfect thing for you!!!!!!!

Best Answer