There have been about 514 Leap Years since Caesar created it in 45BC. Without the extra day every 4 years, today would be October 28, 2013. Also, the Mayan calendar did not account for leap year…so technically the world should have ended months ago.
That would take a lot of pressure out of christmas shopping.
I guess many of us have heard of it but believe in it? yeah it's the end of the maya calandre but no body knows what that means...or even what they meant to say with that, if it was done on purpose... so I wont be woried. anyway I have a party to atend to on 22. of decembre 0:01 am xD for the after show xD
no, nobody has ever heard of that.
Well... since the world was also supposed to end on 13/07/1307, and 06/06/1966 plus a bunch of other dates, I don't see any need to be worried.
I take it you're referring to the Mayan Long Count calender which supposedly ends on 21/12/2012 and/or the supposed galactic alignment then and/or Nibiru/ 'Planet X' and/or Terrence McKenna's 'Timewave Zero' theory?<br />
Unfortunately, all of these have been pretty thoroughly debunked. Some highlights:<br />
- it's far from universally agreed by scholars that 21/12/2012 is when the Long Count calender ends: several other dates have been proposed<br />
- there's no evidence that the Mayans thought this was the date of a catastrophe or great transformation<br />
- we've been in alignment with the galactic centre for about 30 years now: no special alignment happens on 21/12/2012<br />
- the evidence that Nibiru/ Planet X exists is so weak as to be practically nonexistent<br />
- while the general principle of McKenna's Timewave theory (that new inventions and ideas are accelerating exponentially) is clearly true, there are far too many uncertainties to pinpoint a specific date<br />
More information here http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012_phenomenon<br />
and here http://news.nationalgeographic.com/news/2009/11/091106-2012-end-of-world-myths.html
Mayans trying to tell us? Were they trying to warn us of an impending doom or attempting to open our eyes to It. Why didn't we listen. There is still time.
Grrrr.... this is a never ending world...
Yes and they have said this another 45 times before! This is the apparent 45th apocalypse!