vickieprince vickieprince 51-55, F 20 Answers Feb 1, 2012

You'all know you're not talking about the same thing, right?

Best Answer

If you go with hardwood, go with the good (expensive) kind that is real wood. The cheap, do it yourself stuff they have been selling for the last decade is EXTREMELY susceptible to water damage. A drop of water unnoticed at a seam will cause the "wood" to pucker and the top layer to peel at that point. If your pet (or kids) pee on the cheap stuff and you don't find it for an hour, you will be replacing sections of the floor.

I prefer carpet because it is quieter, warmer, and doesn't show the dust or dust bunnies as much. My knees won't let me get down on the hardwood to play with the grand kids, but the carpet does. If you buy cheap carpet, it does wear quickly and look shabby within a few years.

Best Answer

wood with area rugs, I hate now carpet wears out and looks like crap after a few years

Best Answer

Wood floors they are easy to clean and maintain, carpet's just get messy to easy and hard to keep clean and stains are harder to get out.

Best Answer

Hardwood with area rugs is a nicer look

Best Answer

Looking from health perspective, wood floors with rugs where needed.

Best Answer

Hardwood floors all the way!!!

Best Answer

Carpet, but we have mostly hardwood floors in our house now. I have a person with allergies and the kids destroyed one which began to smell bad so we replaced it with laminate flooring.

Best Answer

I have both.

Best Answer

OMG.

Carpeting, every time!!!!!!

Wood floors are cold and impersonal to me.....and the racket you make walking on them.

Believe me, it takes carpeting and draperies to make a room!!!!!

No doubt about it!!!!!!!!

Best Answer

I'd prefer hardwood , but as I have someone living beneath me I have carpets .

Best Answer

carpet...it's easier on the knees ;)

Best Answer

Wood ;)

Best Answer

depends what room?

Best Answer

I like both.

I like a house that has both. I like hardwood in living rooms and family rooms. Dining rooms.

I really like slate or tiles in baths and kitchens.

Best Answer

Wooden Floors...

Best Answer