http://www.katu.com/news/local/Police-Driver-high-on-marijuana-hits-and-kills-pedestrian-in-Vancouver-183885991.html
maple10 maple10 66-70, M 5 Answers Dec 18, 2012 in Hobbies

How many people have killed others while driving under the influence of alcohol?

Best Answer

It's pretty damned irresponsible to drive while stoned. In that sense, it's not much different than drinking and driving. A responsible person arranges for some other (safe) way to get where they are going. It doesn't say much about the legality question, however, because then we would be talking about reviving Prohibition, because there is no doubt that a great many people are killed every year thanks to drunks behind the wheel.

Best Answer

I agree driving under the influence of any intoxicant including a doctor prescribed drug is irresponsible.
But the argument I keep hearing from pot smokers is that it is no more impairing than alcohol. The problem is that because one intoxicant is legal doesn't justify adding another to the problem. I agree that a responsible person would arrange some other form of transportation, but the users of intoxicants usually aren't the responsible sort of person. Think about it would you lend money to someone that you knew was addicted to intoxicants?

Best Answer

I just don't think that the "Should marijuana be legal?" debate comes down to driving safety. That's not to say that it's of no consequence at all, but I don't see DUI enforcement being relaxed at all anytime soon. If anything, I would expect even more DUI arrests and fines in the future, after it is decriminalized everywhere.

Best Answer

So what did the marijuana do?

Best Answer

Apparently impared his judgement or vision enough that he didn't see a person crossing the street.

Best Answer

Probably didn't roll down the windows =/

Best Answer

In Washington State the charge of DUI / marijuana, is determined with a blood test

Best Answer