I don't know where you got your statistics but the Department of Justice says 22.1% of women have been physically abused in a relationship compared to 7.4% of men. Additionally, because of physical differences abuse by males against females is more likely to cause injury or death. And I don't have proof of this but men seem to be better equipped to handle the emotional aspects. There is good reason to protect women more than men; children hit their parents often but it wouldn't be practical to treat that the same as child abuse. In reality the average man is better equipped to protect himself in the vast majority of cases.<br />
With that said, laws against domestic violence don't discriminate by sex. A jury might see a difference because of the above reasons and because of traditional gender roles, but they are equal under the law. Your argument is valid in some cases, but not under ordinary circumstances, and regardless your point wasn't relevant to the case in the show.

Best Answer

It has been estimated that in 100 domestic violence cases, 40% of these were against men, 60% against women. This does not take in account the number of unreported cases men refuse to report,

Best Answer

Where did you get those stats? Just curious. Because while I know women can be the abusers, I have a hard time believing the numbers are the same as men who abuse women.

Best Answer

Best Answer

I agree there is violence/abuse on both sides. I have seen/read stories about it, and in general the men feel ashamed because they are meant to be stronger than women. One guy said, he could hit his wife back but he did not believe in hitting women. I have not seen the frying pan thing for a long time, back in the days of when the little wifey stayed at home, she chose an item from her domain, the kitchen. That said, my husband was abusive, verbally, emotionally and physically. He is twice the size of me, so of course a lot stronger. I don't know how big the problem is of abused men is, but guessing it still is smaller than the abused women group but agreed violence is wrong.

Best Answer

The difference is that there are men out there that would pay to have a woman physically abuse them. The issue is how males perceive the world, not women.

Best Answer