My boyfriend gets on my 5 yo daughter about everything and I am over it. I feel like he looks for things to correct her on. Everybody tells me she's a normal 5 yo girl. Most of his logic is sound but is it necessary to beat every subject to death? He has no kids but will hand out advice like he has raised 10 of them. I'm just tired of refereeing between the two and getting nowhere. It's like having 2 kids at times. I'm at a loss and frustrated. I need some outside advice. We have been together for 3 years and this has been going on most of that time. I don't want my kid to have bad childhood memories.
blue8557 blue8557 26-30, F 3 Answers Feb 10 in Parenting & Family

I am totally getting this situation. I think that he need to bk up a little. If you as her mother are not comfortable then that says something. As her mommy she is learning from you. Speak up before she gets to an age where she wont respect you for allowing her moves to be looked at as all wrong. She is only 5 and I have a 7 and 4 year old and I myself have had to learn to let my child enjoy and learn!

Best Answer

Thank you!!

Best Answer

Only you know the full scope of the relationship all of you have. I would suggest that you look into alternative parenting techniques and if he is willing to do what is best for all of you then he will go with you. If he refuses to go (to help find a better way) then that should tell you where you, YOUR 5 year old, and he really stand. This is just a suggestion.<br />
We do better as we learn better

Best Answer