MEL2468 MEL2468 18-21 13 Answers Apr 17, 2012

Have you and your husband considered maybe working from home? There are real jobs for this....not just scams!

Best Answer

I agree with other people here. Maybe your standards are too high. It's a tough economy ; take any job you can get. Have you tried employment agencies ? How about Craigslist ? Try temp agencies ; sometimes a two day job can turn into a long term position.

Best Answer

Hi, I have no standards anymore when it comes to getting a job, I have looked a leaflet distribution, AVON, Kleeneze, call centres, Mcdonalds, Kfc, burger King, I have tried employment agencies yep, you name it i've applied for it.
Sorry for the late reply

Best Answer

Hi , When I was 19 years old I went to an employment agency. They got me a position as a shipping & receiving clerk in a tobacco company. They charged me $600.00 in 1980 dollars. I had no experience but I easily paid back the $600.00 in two months. And I made good money there. You might feel hopeless right now from all the rejection, BUT other people are getting jobs so you know it's possible for you too.

Best Answer

My son is looking too... with no luck.

The biggest issues I see with him is 1. lack of self confidence... You have to believe you are going to get the job, and that you are the best person for the job. 2. unrealistic expectations... everyone has to start somewhere...

If people could make $20.00 an hour on a high school diploma without getting your hands dirty, I think there would be a lot less unemployment! and I also think milk and gas would cost $20.00 a gallon.

Good luck!

Best Answer

It is much easier to get a job, if you already are employed, so my advice is go out there, pound the pavement, and be willing to take any job that is available. It does not matter if it is washing dishes, or working at McDonalds, take any job. (In your heart, know it is only temporary, until you find something better and more suited to you, but don't tell them that during the interview, obviously). The benefits to doing this are many:

* It will get you used to the routine, once again.

* It will put you in touch with other people, allowing you to network, and possibly find something better

* It shows future employers that you are a go getter, and are willing to do whatever it takes, which is a very favorable quality.

* It humbles you, which is a quality more of us need, as humans. When you do land your 'dream job' you will think back from your past and be more willing to accept all of the hard, thankless, low paying work, that so many out there do, just so we can enjoy a hamburger, or have a clean toilet.

* You won't feel bad quitting, when something better comes along.

* Plus, a whole lot more.

Another tip: Print your resume's, pack a lunch, go through the phone book or net for prospective employers in your field, put on your nice clothes, a big smile, and a positive attitude, then leave the house, and force yourself to stay out, dropping off resumes and meeting people, for at least 6 hours a day, every day. Treat it as your job, until you land one. Also, tell everyone that will listen (friends, family, strangers, whoever...) that you are looking for a job. Get the word out there.

The main thing is, remain positive, and don't get your hopes up, or let your spirit down. Remember, it only takes one employer to say yes, regardless of how many have said no. So, you are really only looking for that one 'yes'.

Good luck, and I wish you the best. Oh, and one more thing: Always write down where you've been, who you made contact with, and anything else of importance at each potential employer. Then, make sure to follow up with a phone call, or visit, even if they have not contacted you. Alright, now go out there and get 'em!

Best Answer

Hi thanks for the reply, I have search the internet everyday for jobs, and I go out maybe 3 times a week to hand my CV in face to face, I have applied for McDonald and other fast food restaurants but no luck, you name it I've applied for it, but you do have some good tips thankyou.
Sorry for the late reply

Best Answer

e mail your CV to all local companies. start with the ones you prefer to work for. you could also walk around shops handing your CV to the manager

Best Answer

Non profit orginizations. You don't always get paid for work but it is somewhere you can get your foot in and do good at the same time :)

Best Answer

Hi, is that like voluntary work, I have done so much voluntary work over the past two years,but the place that I was doing it with closed due to budget cuts and there seems to no more organisations doing it, I've even volunteered to work in an actual retail store to gain experience, but people doesn't seem bothered about it.
Sorry for the late reply

Best Answer

start your own business - cleaning houses, painting, mowing yards, baby sitting, etc. Lots of optons.

Best Answer

Hi, I was actually contemplating that, I paint my dads gate each year and people always mention what a good job I do, but I wouldn't know where to start.
Sorry for the late reply

Best Answer

What do you have to offer? What skills do you have? What education?

Best Answer

High school, College and University (well I'm just in my first year) I have skills in retail, event co-ordinating, office work, I know how to use a computer, I've worked with kids etc. I feel like I have what people want I don't know what else I can do.
Sorry for the late reply

Best Answer

The best advice I can give is tell you to get out and hand out resumes. Not mail or send email, but go to the employer. In my younger days before I was done my university education I got 2 different jobs by simply being there and being interviewed on the spot. Another thing you can do is find a place you want to work and speak to the manager and say you are willing to work a day without pay for them to decide if they want to hire you. It does work, it shows motivation, of course it can't be where there is a union.

Best Answer

Call Obama...he will solve everything

Best Answer

Have you got his number? =)

Best Answer

What kind of job are you looking for? I have done extensive job looking myself for both my husband and I and have managed to land both of us in some pretty cushy jobs. I just need to know what you're looking for, and I may be able to help!

Best Answer

learnvest.com

Not a classified site, but they have some interesting information from corporate hoo-hahs.

It's also a great place to learn about money and all kinds of stuff.

Good luck!

Best Answer

Have you taken any training? If not be prepared for a lifetime of low wages. Unless you're very artistic and have some innate skills of marketing. Maybe look for a job with a flexible schedule to work your way through college or trade school.

Best Answer

Well i have experience in work just not paid work, things like retail, event co-ordinating, office work, working with kids etc and then I've studied IT and Media.
Sorry for the late reply.

Best Answer

No worries. I too am looking for work as I got layed off 3 mos. ago. I am trying to get the government to pay for me to train as a welder. I have to retrain as I can't get anyone to believe that I can do anything other than fix airframes and that's a dying industry here in North America.

Best Answer