superficialife superficialife 22-25, F 16 Answers Oct 21, 2012 in Loss to Suicide

A friend commited suicide when we were in grade 7. He was bullied. I sit here now still not really soaking it in. I've been to so many funerals, they feel like they're not real. I expect to see them like nothing happened, but I know I won't.

Best Answer

Man that must be so tough, I had a guy I went to school with, that I wasn't close to named Kyle who committed suicide and it cut me deep because he was so good looking and popular.... I wish I could have talked to him about what was bothering him in the inside.

Best Answer

They hide it so well. Just like Creamsicle said "wish I would have known things were worse". After I put in my first answer, I thought of another that is so similar to your comment. A guy in high school who was good looking, had the most beautiful girlfriend, made us all laugh, was on almost every sport team, etc. killed himself on our grad night. Nobody had a clue what he was going through.

Best Answer

Nope

Best Answer

Not ever so close but I have known 3 people who committed suicide for various reasons.

I know one reason: the man concerned was elderly and felt he would be become a burden, but his method of ending his life was very cruel to his wife and selfish to others. He excused himself from her while they were out shopping, hid behind a railway bridge arch and stepped out in front of a train.

Another, a young woman I knew only as an an occasional acquaintance threw herself in front of a London Underground train. I do not know her troubles.

I do know - from railwaymen friends - that this is devastating for the unfortunate driver, who is automatically relieved from duty to recover from the shock; and causes chaos to the services while the train and location are subjected to forensic examination. It's hard to sympathise with the deceased in these circumstances.

The third was a young man who took his own life rather more privately and gently. I think he suffocated himself on the inert portion of diving-gases. He had been released from prison a 2 or 3 year before this, having been convicted of a series of sexual assaults. Though apparently reassembling his life under the careful watch of us friends who accepted him back as having been rightfully punished, and of a girlfriend he'd met after his release, we think he collapsed under the strain of always being a suspect whenever anyone else within many miles range of his home was assaulted. (He'd stopped short of actual rapes.) A tragic end, for it was if he was never to be allowed to go straight.

Best Answer

Thank you so much for sharing.

Best Answer

I was in the 10th year, i had been dating a man that i really developed feelings for, during school i receive a call from a friend of his saying he was taken to the hospital and dead on arrival. I left my class and wept in the lunch area, i felt like i was lost and confused at why he would do that. He left me note that made me feel like i wanted to die with him. I really cared for him but after time you have to continue your life.

Best Answer

Wow SkepsisVoid, that must have a very very hard sorrow to deal with.... I can't imagine the pain you must have felt, I admire your strength and courage.

Best Answer

Its is and no matter how horrible things get life just keeps on going.

Best Answer

Friends and acquaintances. 5. Various methods I won't mention. Only one REALLY affected and depressed me. The others made me sad for awhile.

Best Answer

My oldest sister attempted when she was 14, I was 4 and I only remember visiting her in the hospital. I didn't understand what happened and thought she was just sick.

Best Answer

I had a friend who jumped off a railway bridge,such a waste of an intelligent and funny guy,it still makes me feel sad : (

Best Answer

Wow that's tough... did he always hide his pain or did he ever tell anyone why he did what he did?

Best Answer

Yes, a good friend... I felt a little guilty, because I knew he was feeling depressed, took him out for ice cream at midnight the night before, THOUGHT he was feeling better - but he killed himself the next morning. I was the last person to spend time with him, felt like I should have known things were worse then I thought.

Best Answer

I'm so sorry to hear that, but at least you had the kind gesture to take him out for ice cream and at least showed some sympathy...

Best Answer

yes , a nephew...I was pissed off, it about killed his mother

Best Answer

Were there any reasons as to why he did it?

Best Answer

yes my brother, numb

Best Answer

Did he ever give reasons as to why he did it, or any signs?

Best Answer

no there wasnt any note although we all knew why. His life was a mess, drinking and women got the best of him.

Best Answer