yes my mother inlaws grandma did her husband passed away then about 1 week later she died from all heartache from losing him...true situation....

Best Answer

yes it actually happens fairly often Takotsubo cardiomyopathy is the technical term for broken heart syndrome. emotional stress has a physical effect on us, anyone who has had a broken heart will tell you that it physically hurts, it feels like your chest is going to cave in, or that your heart is literally going to break, and that's because you are physically weakened by the emotions you are feeling when heart broken. many elderly people die of broken heart syndrome when their spouses die. especially when they had been married for a very long time. thats why old couples die soon after one another on a regular basis, they can't handle the emotional stress that is put on their heart, and they die of heart failure. it doesn't just happen to the elderly though, it's happened to younger people who were under tremendous emotional strain, one case I saw a girl died soon after her identical twin sister was murdered. so yes it can and does happen, but it is unlikely to happen because of a break up or something, even though I know it feels like it will. most people who suffer a broken heart will not die from it. but it is possible.

Best Answer

thank you so much for taking the time to answer my question....it opened my eyes...i hope i wont die young bcoz of this...

Best Answer

I think that's why Penn State coach Joe Paterno died :(

Best Answer