I did years ago. I was engaged to a man that turned out to be unbearably controlling. It took a little planning, but ultimately I moved out when he went to work (grabbed my cat, and some clothes), had already quit my job, changed my number... the works. It was pretty scary but the best decision I ever made. I know he was looking for me for a while (maybe he still is - not sure), and I still get "jumpy" when I see cars similar to his, or the feeling that he's watching me from somewhere...<br />
I'm not sure of your situation, but it definitely doesn't sound good. There are shelters you can go to if need be. Run, but run with a plan. If you're already to the point where you are considering moving out of the state - plan fast. You don't need to do it on your own. There are so many women who have been where (it seems like) you are. Safe houses all over the country.<br />
Let me know if you need places to contact in your area. I'm worried about you and your son!

Best Answer

What would I look up? Shelters?

Best Answer

Yes. Women's shelters... they'll walk you thru everything step by step.

Best Answer

I'd call 1−800−799−SAFE(7233) or go to thehotline.org

Best Answer

My ex did...they still can't find her but her head is still in my freezer,oops.....gotta go!!!!

Best Answer

I haven't, but I do know it happens.

Best Answer