When I was 16 I changed my whole name; first, middle and last. My family obviously don't respect my decision as they will not call it me. On my birthday cards they don't put any name on there. Just 'happy birthday, from .....' I find it disgusting to think they wont call it me even now that its been changed for ages.. My sister is the only one who calls me by my name all the time, she's almost 12 and even she understands that it is my name legally and she respects that. Its' not like it has been only a couple of months. I'm 18 now, its been well over a year.
Marlsbar Marlsbar 18-21, F 10 Answers Feb 11 in Parenting & Family

They probably aren't used to it. For 16 years, you were their baby girl and they called you by the name they chose for you! (Even if parents deny it, a lot of thought goes into choosing that special name for your baby!). Just give them time :)

Best Answer

I'm becoming irritated and aroused, and I can be very nasty when I'm angry. Not at you - I'll take you under my wings - but at these (well, word better deleted) who DARE to question your right to be free and thinking.

Best Answer

I must understand that I do not quite understand this. But maybe it's logical that your parents (**** the rest of family) find it difficult, that you change the names they selected for you. Anyhow, you're of age, you made your decision. It may cost you your family, as you well know; if you can live with that, all is fine. Morally and intellectually you have my full support

Best Answer

We carry our parents love with us for life, in our body, our faith, and our name.

Best Answer

I forgot to add, my Mum was the one who suggested I should change it as it was the name my Mum was GOING to give me when I was born. My Dad was against this name and made my Mum call me what he wanted me to be called.

Best Answer

That's weird. Wouldn't you have had your parent's consent to change your name.

Best Answer

In the UK you have to be 16 to legally change your name on your own.

Best Answer

Well I can understand your parents being upset about it, but really they need to get over it. What's done is done.

Best Answer

Aww, Isn't being an adult all Tough and Hard?!

Obviously you didn't respect your parents and respect their wishes to call you what they originally NAMED you!

I'll just call you Fart Hole from now on, because I WANT to!

Best Answer

Obviously you don't respect anyone if you are going to speak to a complete stranger like that.

Best Answer

unless you were named something horrid, like: Tam Pon Smith, the you should have kept your given name.

Best Answer

Call yourself shithole, idiot! This is important for malieshai, and should be respected!

Best Answer

I'm sure that your parents may be a little hurt that you don't like the name they gave you...

Best Answer

yeah i changed mine to fartbreath,,,,,somehow no one ever respects me?

Best Answer

Of course not, who would?

Best Answer