A friend of mines was reading it once and she practically cried through the whole book. I have never once read it but from the back of the book I have read what it is expected in the book and it seemed pretty harsh so I never read it. But is it worth reading if anyone has actually heard of it or read it. Will it change my outlook on things that I take for granted in life?
yeahidgaf yeahidgaf 18-21, M 13 Answers Apr 13, 2012

Yes, I have read the book and no, I would not recommend it to anyone. It is a heavy emotional read. It is the autobiography of a man who was severely abused as a child (starved and brutally beaten). It is the worst case of child abuse documented in the state of California. What kept him alive was his hopes and dreams. If you cannot handle deep issues then, this is not the book for you.

Best Answer

David Peltzer, survivor of the worst child abuse. Too hard for me. He wrote several books.

Best Answer

Yes, and the next one after, though I can't think of the name of the second. I do recommend it very much. Of course it's sad, horribly so, Dave/David?, the one who the book is about, was courageous to write his experiences and we can all benefit from his story as it's humans, at their worst, at their best.

Best Answer

I agree with you. What courage he has, just to even write about his history..

Best Answer

Its a good book, quite heavy that I had to put down once for a few days. Yes I cried all the way through it and I didn't read his others. I couldn't understand and still haven't why he was abused and not his siblings? But yes id recommend it, it will make you sad though

Best Answer

I learnt that parents pick out the child they want to abuse if they hate that child the most then that child will get treated way more harsh than the rest which is sad.

Best Answer

Yes, I've read it. It's a good book, but I don't know if I would recommend it to anyone since it's a heavy read. (And, by "good" I mean well-written.)

Best Answer

yes i have read all his books (they are his true life story) but "he didnt "become an abuser"( like what t was done to him;) (so he broke the cycle) its very "graphic"; and disturbing"; :O

Best Answer

it's a sad story, the sequel is "a man name dave."

Best Answer

i have.<br />
not just anyone, no.

Best Answer

No you should'nt read it bet you can't relate only people who had hard lives can.ha! Bet you can count only on one hand how many times you've been spanked or yelled at. But there is a book called "Spoiled Princess Daughter" good book.

Best Answer

but I'm a guy why would I want to read a book about spoiled girls crying because they cannot have their way all the time? you DON'T even know me you're just making an assumption or assumptions on how you may have thought my life was, I haven't got enough hands to count the number of beatings you don't know how my life was living with my father so therefore you shouldn't assume anything unless you actually know. And I am assuming you assumed that I was a female because I said my friend was a girl, guys can have girls as best friends there isn't anything wrong with that at all.

Best Answer

No but I have seen it at others homes and it always seem to stem from a shrink recommending it.

Best Answer