KinkyFlower KinkyFlower 31-35, F 74 Answers Aug 15, 2010

Glad I stumbled across this after googling whether or not to sign up for Zoosk. Their marketing and business ethics are very off. I'm not sure how Facebook allows them to be a partner using such methods. I'm glad I didn't sign up, but after being a free member from my Facebook account I got a few messages from some cute girls but I couldn't respond to them! So they sucker you in with fake profiles so you'll pay for a membership. Really scammy situation. <br />
Ok cupid is a free site and so is POF. Okcupid is better in certain ways than POF. They both have fake accounts galore but its free and regular people of both sexes use them. In about five years using both I've met around six girls that I had a connection with and dated. I'm still seeing one of them regularly. Of course I've met about a dozen total maybe 15 and the rest just didn't work out. I'd recommend POF or Okcupid for anyone who doesn't want to pay, but you will pay for the amount of time you spend on the site with no luck. Just the nature of online dating I suppose. I have no experience with Match.com or any of the other ones. I've heard Adult friend finder is also a huge scam site.

Best Answer

The site sucks...doesn't help you match with anyone, and they keep asking for more money for other services. Have not seen anyone worth responding to, and the search of potential people exceed the driving area...like who would want to drive 90 miles to meet someone for a cup of coffee?<br />
You're better off with OK Cupid or Plenty of Fish.<br />
Zoosk SUCKS

Best Answer

I have spent a fortune on Zoosk...I have had about about 60 invitations and no even one answer..Its complete waste of space and money...dont get trick ..I believe 95% of profiles are fake and it is all about take as more money from your pocket...very frustrated and disapointed

Best Answer

I recently came across a scam on Zoosk. A man sent me a message asking me to email him as his account was about to expire. I did as mine had expired (stupid me for paying).<br />
Said he was working in UK with a huge contracting project with a pipeline. Story about his wife dying of cancer in 2008. His accent seemed a bit funny to me but he said he was living in Atlanta so I thought it may have been a bit mixed. Deep down it sounded like a South African accent.<br />
He said I came up as a match for him. He quickly told me how excited he was that we met. Wanted to come and see me face to face once his project went through inspection. He called a few times and we sent text messages back and forth.<br />
After only about 2 weeks he then sent me a text message saying he ran out of money for supplies which were needed asap as the cost went up and wanted me to loan him 2,250 and that he's pay me back in full with interest. <br />
Well I didn't fall for it and also didn't have it to lend regardless. He got very upset with me and said I didn't care about him. Told me to check with my bank about overdraft and get money off my credit card. LOL I said I didn't have either.<br />
Then I got an email saying I was shallow and he was glad he didn't spend the money to come and meet me.<br />
He went by the name of Larry Bryan or Brian as he had it in his email address. <br />
I found it strange from the beginning that he wanted to meet me so quickly. Even his conversations were very "deep". I kept asking for pictures of himself but he only ever sent one additional one and it was so small I couldn't make out if it was even the same person. Lots of things made me suspicious from the beginning and in the end my instincts were right on.

Best Answer

OMG! This is probably the same guy that contacted me...South African accent and all! Be glad you didn't fall for it bc I did to a certain extent...he is on FB also and changed his name all the time!

Best Answer

That's not all. Even after you have subscribed as a paying member, if someone shows interest in you, and you do the same, you have to "coin up" to respond? And you have to buy those coins if you dont have any. WTF is that?? I already f*kn paid for a membership!!! MF b*tches! F$(CK Zoosk!!

Best Answer

I figured out the same thing too, I sent notices asking for women to chat but I have received no replies yet, I am a decent looking guy too and this surprised me I guess I wasted my money and will try a more professional dating site like E-harmony.

Best Answer

yes! and we all know it sucks,scam,rubish and so on ! so how about this !since no one likes these dating sites lets use this site here to contacke one another and we can drop e-mails here or numbers ! this way we get to know each other on our therms and as adults we diside wether if were capatible or not,insted of the dam pc.yes! old school ways! maybe alittle to normal for some but less iritating.and cost less

Best Answer

I paid for “Zoosk.” Judging by the comments I am afraid I wasted my money 

Best Answer

Zoosk IS A FRAUD!!! simply, You as paying member are nothing but a marketing tool for Zoosk to get new paying members!!? As a paid subscriber you don't know who is a paid or a free member and non-members CAN NOT write back to you even if they wanted too until they join with a paid membership, so your either thinking there not interested but the reality is they can't write back to you and this sucks!! I demand as a full paying subscriber that all people on the site can correspond with me, this is just a pryamid scheme on the backs of the people there collecting money from!

Best Answer

I've been had too,I'm going to learn how to hack and infest them with bugs!.

Best Answer

we've been conned mate simple.

Best Answer

Actually met someone on Zoosk, and married her... One and only person who I corresponded with, and it only took one week of being a paid member. She lived 45 minutes away from me in San Jose, CA, and was looking for someone to spend the rest of her life with. We spent the 1st two months e-mailing, texting and talking on the phone, before our 1st date. While talking, she mentioned she already had plans to move to NYC, but I understood and took a chance on a long distance relationship. <br />
The rest of the time together (one month) was just exciting as we spent as much time as we could before she left. I took the initiative and proposed to her a week before her flight, and she accepted. When she arrived in NYC, I told her we'd get married in Las Vegas three months after in November. Every month I'd take a trip to see her, and in early 2014, I finally got a transfer to NYC to work and live with her. We've been together for about a year and a half, and everything's going well!<br />
I know that Zoosk is a third party that introduces people, but it's up to the members to make any connection successful, and we're living proof that it does work, to an extent, as relationships do not just fall into people's laps...

Best Answer

I have now spent $230 on two dating services in the last 18 mos. and still no live date, only messaging contacts. Two of those were from a 'gang' that posts phony profiles (they contact you and are an airline distance from you so that is the excuse for not meeting) You converse off the main site using say YahooMessenger and then if they see you are interested, ask you to send money to them so they can fly to meet you! This was on JDate---to date nothing like that on Zoosk---just idiotic Winking and Virtual Gifts that cost you beyond the $100 for 6 months of viewing the same profiles.<br />
The answer as to whether these ' platonic relationship sites' (versus the social media prostitution networks) work, should be obvious. If they did, they would go out of buisness and only one working service would be needed. Instead they prolifirate, enjoying a success from failure algorithm and man's desire to meet. Do you know of any other business that looses two customers everytime they do what they claim? Get Smart and meet someone at the grocery store!

Best Answer

ive had like 3 women of the tons that flash thru your profile day after day and wont talk when spoken to. when my subsc<x>ription ends im done

Best Answer

I GOT SCAMMED>>> SH!T i was late... to read this thread..:(

Best Answer

zoosk rip me off

Best Answer

I was on as paid member for one day & cancelled as it was all fraudulent as you'll read from oother comments. All true. on how they lure you. Such an outrageous gimmick for such a personal matter. All should beware & not waste your time,As that's what it is, a total waste. If you call your credit card company before three days to dispute due to not as expected, then you get refunded. ZOOSK IS A SCAM. DON'T USE IT.

Best Answer

A piece of junk, as most dating sites!

Best Answer

Just signed up today - and like others have found it to be a complete con! ok luckily I only signed up for one month but it is difficult to navigate i.e. no real instructions as to where to go for what - your search criteria is limited and as others have said - you go on 'carousel' and see fit guys but it you want to connect have to pay extoriante amounts to do so. The actual searches just bring up mostly a load of 'mingers' and people you wouldn't spend the time of day with! Wished I'd read the reviews earlier as wouldn't have touched it with a barge pole but when you google best dating websites this comes up as top! must have paid a fortune to get that status as not good and would not recommend under any circumstances. Don't be fooled!!

Best Answer

Zoosk is a joke in my book. When you get on the site, they show all these profiles. I wrote the names to those profiles down. Then once I signed up on Zoosk to email those profiles, not one of those profiles was on the site. Then on top of that, you pay the $30 then they only let you contact about 7 people then a notification box pops up stating you have reached your limit due to spam. That's just BS in my book. You pay $30 for what? I'm still trying to figure that one out. Then on top of that the ones you do contact, you have no idea if that person is or is not a member and if they can or cannot read the message you send them. Then once you are extremely frustrated with Zoosk and you want to write them as I am right now, guess what, you can't. They give you a stupid 888 number which you can never get through, hmmm go figure. Then to top all this off, once you unsubscribe, they go and continue to take money out of your account. You THINK you have cancelled your presc<x>ription but in reality you haven't. They have this "hidden" button that you have to find to click on it so they aren't able to continue taking your money out of your account. Talk about sneaky and unfair. That's why you make damn sure you get a confirmation number. Then you let them know in the comment section of why you are cancelling that you will be watching your account like a hawk. This site is UNREAL/JOKE!!!!

Best Answer

idk lol

Best Answer

Yes I have used it. It's bullshit don't go on it. I joined for one month at 40$. It's fake you send messages and the girls don't get them you just once in a while get a generic message back from Zoosk saying message me back I want to know more but the girls never get the message it's a scam **** zoosk.

Best Answer

I think Zoosk is great. I am a paying member and I can do anything on there. If I want to know when a message is gotten that I sent I just view the carousel and every yes answer you get one coin. Say yes to 20 people you get 20 coins. How easy is that.

Best Answer

Do you work for Zoosk then !!!

Best Answer

It's bad. I signed up for a discounted six month<br />
plan, but didn't know you need to buy coins to communicate<br />
for $20.00. Matches are hit and miss, most are way off on my compatability chart. A big mistake. You can't opt out, you are<br />
stuck for the lenght of your contract without any refunds.<br />
Not recomended.

Best Answer

I totally agree this site is a waste of time

Best Answer