Did you yell back, or keep your cool and calm, and waited until it was your turn to speak.
Jesusfoundme Jesusfoundme 31-35, F 12 Answers Apr 17 in Doing Good

lol I was working as a delivery driver and had to deal with a pissed off chef. I made deliveries to quite a few chefs, and got the impression they are generally pissed off, overworked people with inflated sense of egos - this guy seemed to be perpetually berating his staff in particular nasty fashion whenever I dropped past. One morning he was pissed off that I'd come too early (lol) and came out yelling "What have I told you f*ckers a million times? You can't be here right now!" I'd never talked to him before, so I just apologized and explained I wasn't aware there was any rule about that. But that wasn't enough for this guy, in predictable fashion he wanted people cowering before his authority. <br />
"That's not f*cking good enough!" He took a breath and hit me with it :<br />
"I'm telling Tremini! I've told you guys a million times. I'm telling Tremini!"<br />
All I could come up with to that was "Who the **** is Tremini?!"<br />
It was clearly not the response he was expecting. The confusion derailed his tirade. The gravity with which he'd brought up "Tremini" was comical. "He's your boss..." he said uncertainly. I looked at him blankly. "You should know who you work for!" he continued, but there was more sulk than bite now. He left in a huff, back into his sweaty kitchen.<br />
Turns out Tremini was the guy who made the stuff being delivered to him. Tremini used a courier company, who actually outsourced to another courier company, who I was working for. The chef just assumed I was working for him and could be fired by him since I delivered his stuff (it was like threatening a postman you'd complain to Hallmark about a card delivered too early). <br />
"I'll tell Tremini!" has become a bit of a catchphrase for me now. If I get pissed off at someone I sometimes like to threaten that I'll tell Tremini, and laugh at the weird looks I get!

Best Answer

Ha ha ha ha, that is such a great story, thanks for shareing!

Best Answer

When I was in the sixth grade, there was a day when a bunch of kids were in the gym trying to find our places as we were practicing for a chorus performance, and in particular we were practicing how to line up and parade onto the bleachers for the first time. The room was utter panadamonium. A teacher who I barely knew walked by, suddenly turned around, grabbed me by the arm (I had just been standing, looking around trying to figure out where to go), screamed "I can't take any more of this!", slammed me against the wall, told me to stand in a corner and report to her room after school.<br />
I was stunned, but i also knew, even at that young age, that she had been acting too ridiculously to be taken seriously. I remained silent till she left. I rejoined my group for the rehearsal, did not go to her room after school, and suffered no consequences.<br />
Years later, I found out that she had been an alcoholic. This incident happened right after lunch, and I can imagine what kind of "lunch" she had drunk that day!

Best Answer

That was harsh, I betcha she realized her mistake too.

Best Answer

I hope so. From what I know of some alcoholics, she might have had no recollection at all the next day that the event even happened! :(

Best Answer

Awe....Hugs

Best Answer

Thanks...but I really am over it by now :)
I'll try to send those hugs back in time to my 12-year old self...he could have used some!

Best Answer

Ha ha ha ha ha awe man I was thinking the same exact thing ha you read my mind lol.......Well then that hug was intended for your 12 year old self :D

Best Answer

In that case, can the hug come with an ice cream sundae and permission to stay up an extra hour to watch TV?

Best Answer

wait, let them make fools of themselves, I tend to be quiet.

Best Answer

Depends. Usually I turn and walk away. I am too tired and old for all that crap.

Best Answer

I pretend I'm deaf and dumb being slightly touched in the head

Best Answer

yes....i was like "I ain't takin' any of this sh!T from you...."

Best Answer

Yes. Those people are called police officers....

Best Answer

I keep my cool unless my life is threatened.

Best Answer

I am a very passive, rather mousy person. If someone were to actually chew me out, I would probably just cry.

Best Answer

Yes that happened to me recently.

Best Answer