It's called a longing to be connected. Many people can go their entire lives, be married , have kids, extended families, work "pals", but never feel connected the way it seems other people are. It is cause by poor attachment between you and your mother during infancy. Therapy and forcing yourself to participate can help. It is more common than you might believe

Best Answer

Babz is right on as far as my experience. My mom didn't want me, so she didn't attach in any meaningful way until I was approaching my teens. I've been married thirty six year, have three kids, a great younger sister, yet, my whole life I have felt like I don't belong.<br />
I long ago realized that part of it is that I don't reach out, but reaching out is so painful and difficult, that the pain of not belonging becomes almost comfortable in comparison. <br />
Therapy, meditation, and a gratitude journal have helped me a lot, but at the core of me, I still feel alone most of the time. I wish you luck finding a sense of belonging.

Best Answer

I sure can. I’ve never fit in anywhere. Being very shy (with a speech impediment) doesn’t help matters any either. In fact, it wasn’t until just last year that I made my first “real-life” friend (and I’m 47). I’m just a triangular peg in a round-hole world.

Best Answer

I grew up in a broken home, parents divorced when I was 7. I always wanted a family, I would always feel like a misfit or outsider looking in at my friends families. I'm an only child and also value my time alone. I think I realized a long time ago that I was alone, except for God. I've never had a dependable, stable person in my life for any extended amount of time. I'm now in my early 40's and think I've resigned myself to being alone. No soul mate, or 'the one' for me. I'm content, God has really saved me and allowed me to be ok with being by myself. The guy I'm with now, doesn't 'get' me, don't know if any guy will at this point. Don't know why I just dumped all that.

Best Answer

because the guys i am with don't get me either. i trying to accept i ay be alone too.

Best Answer

I do understand where you are coming from, I can be with certain people who I think I try to get closer to them but to but their body language says different
so I have have accepted to my self I am alone

Best Answer

I'm inntrovert. I like to give long-time for me. Though I'm so romantic that I had few nice-lovers; i choked every time.<br />
I like to be alone yet I'm missing my romantic-times that there is nobody.:)

Best Answer

Yes i can relate.. but I have to .. otherwise my sobriety is at risk.

Best Answer

July 19, 2009

Best Answer

This makes sens what you ar saying . I know where you are coming from because I have experienced the same.

Best Answer