I took it for a year and was a different person; much more outgoing and silly said and did things I would Never normally do. Gave money away I didn't have, worked 2 jobs, then things got weird like I Was in A Dream I stopped taking it and was like a Zombie I didn't know who I was anymore, I forgot about my son in another state, I went to _Mass every day praying I would Get my Mind back. Now I am depressed, lost 45 pounds, isolated myself, quit my jobs, and am Under employed praying I get back To myself before ambien .
erNurseGrace erNurseGrace 51-55, F 7 Answers Aug 26, 2012 in Emotional Health

How did it ruin your life?

Best Answer

My beautiful 34 year old daughter took a bottle of Ambien and shot herself..this drug has unbelievable side effects that doctors don't seem to understand..they get you hooked and continue to prescribe this drug for over five years. Since this has happened I have heard so many unbelievable stories about what people do when they are taking this drug..from driving to committing crimes, calling people with no recollection at all???? this drug should be taken off the market. My daughter was a successful business woman with a loving family who will be forever broken hearted for our loss. If you have any family or friends taking this PLEASE have them stop..a few hours of sleep isn't worth a eternity of suffering their loss!!

Best Answer

Well...this is so weird...but apparently after I took it, I did indeed get to sleep...I have an overactive mind and lately (within this last year) I have had a severe problem with sleep...not cool. Normally I do the homeopathic route...not a fan of those nasty presc<x>riptions. So I took it...had a few hours of deep sleep...and then my husband said he woke up and noticed I had gotten quite far in this video game called Assassins Creed. To this day I don't remember playing it....have no recollection of any of it. Properly creeped me out. I'm not a video game sort of lass either...so...that means I knew how to work the remote and everything...weird to say the least.

Best Answer

i overdosed on ambien and woke up in the hospital and then had to go to a mental institute because i said i was suicidal. so id say yes i have

Best Answer