I saw a documentary about it once years ago and I've never seen it again and I can't remember the specifics of the claim.
ChipmunkErnie ChipmunkErnie 61-65, M 5 Answers Feb 20, 2011

you know that sounds familiar and I think I read about it at and exhibit in Hawaii.

Best Answer

I haven't come across that before,but I know that the Japanese scientists working on it advised their government that the Americans were a long way off developing an atomic bomb.The secrecy around the Manhattan project was one of the great successes of the war.The bomb that was dropped on Nagasaki convinced the Japanese leadership that Hiroshima wasn't a one-off,wasn't the one and only device that the U.S. had managed to put together.

Best Answer

Well Japan was hand in hand with Nazi Gemany, everyone was at an arms race at the time for a new type of weapon, other than that Germany was one of the main influences of Japans technological improvement at the time right down to sharing the V1 rocket and Atomic science

Best Answer

The Nazis did send uranium to Japan, but I don't think it made it there; the US ended up with the sub that was carrying it, I think.

Best Answer

Never heard that before.

It's a bloody job we beat them to it though.

Best Answer