I don't mean turned on specifically. I mean, other than some nervousness regarding the possibility of disease, discovering that infidelity just doesn't bug you.
james422 james422 26-30, M 12 Answers Nov 5, 2012 in Affairs

I've never been cheated on .. but I would have zero tolerance for that ... I have too much self-respect to allow anyone to do that to me.

Best Answer

I think the thing here is that they are NOT, as it happens, doing it to you.

Best Answer

They are disrespecting their commitment to me .. that's doing the worst thing to me.

Best Answer

Couldn't agree with you more

Best Answer

Thanks Gerry

Best Answer

if your not bothered by it i doubt you'd have true feelings about the person

Best Answer

The only way I think it might not bother me would be if I was already looking for a reason to leave.

Best Answer

I think that it's not really considered cheating if you're okay with it. It'd be more along the lines of a polygamous one-night-stand. Unless it was an ongoing thing, then it's just polygamy, and those who are involved can have a perfectly healthy mindset without there being any self-worth issues or lack of commitment.

Best Answer

Ive been cheated by 2 differnt guys; one, I kicked him to the curb and never looked back, and the second guy, well thats different...he hurt me bad. The sense of worthlessness, anger and hurt waa quite overwhelming but thats b/c I loved him. The first guy was an *** and I didnt really care, he gave me the reason to move on w/o any regrets.<br />
To me one doesnt care if they are cheated on if a) they simply dont care about the relationship/person b) 'if they can I can too' syndrome or c) they feel its all a part of a relationship- self worth issues.<br />
And then again, there are some that have a fantasy about their partners being with others which can or cannot include cheating.

Best Answer

I've been cheated on a couple times but its never been much of a problem - I've been taken advantage of, though, and that feels an awful lot more like betrayal to me.

Best Answer

Cheating in essence is an act of disrespect for another and while the actual act of f'ing another person, it is the act of deceit, lack of respect for the relationship/person that gets me the most. To me its the ultimate betrayal that one can do to the one you supposedly love &amp;/or care about.

Best Answer

Haven't been in that situation but open relationships are more common than most people think. If you never made that agreement beforehand, and you weren't bothered by their cheating, then it sounds like you aren't very emotionally invested in the relationship

Best Answer

Maybe so

Best Answer

Could just be a self-protection thing. Sometimes I don't let myself get emotionally attached in order to avoid being hurt later on.
If that's not the case for you, then maybe you simply don't care

Best Answer

It's the lies which bugs me...

Best Answer

Lies do bother me as well, but I can sometimes understand why they happen.

Best Answer

I can understand infidelity but not lies... relationships are based on trust.... if you are unhappy or lustful tell your partner... they may be OK for you to have a flind or whatever... they may not... it's then their choice... lies always end in hurt

Best Answer

i have, yet we haven't been intimate for over 5 years; he's not worth spit in my mouth. Marriages can be dissolved. <><

Best Answer

Why hasn't it?

Best Answer

:D...Specially / absolutely meeee!!! Lol...ok that's what others say about me...I don't believe I'm cheated ever...

Best Answer

I can't tell if you mean you've never been cheated on and would be bothered by it or if you have and you aren't.

Best Answer

I believe even a cheater wouldn't cheat me...besides, if I'm literally cheated, it's my responsibility that I failed to understand it first.

Best Answer

maybe you're one of those people that would do well in an open relationship??????

Best Answer