I live on the very west coast of Canada on Vancouver Island - actually I'm across the sea from Japan! I used to spend hours and hours searching for sea glass. I still have a big collection of it and I also used to collect the glass bottle tops which are still highly collectible and worth quite a bit on Ebay - especially the blues, lavenders and browns. I believe a lavender one sold for $50 once! I used to search every beach I could find and even in the winter - all year long! Unfortunately a lot of other beachcombers started to do the same thing so after a while the beaches became totally drained of sea glass. The only beach I know of now that still has glass is very hard to get to and usually I can only get to it at low tide but I'm starting to really appreciate stones and rocks now! My favourite beach has the most amazing almost completely round flat stones in wonderful colors - browns, whites, peaches etc. I'm planning to make a collage with them, a stone outdoor rug. I arrange some of them stacked together in different arrangements on my dining room table. Sea glass and stones are the best!!

Best Answer

I find Tons of it on Lake Michigan plus lots of other neat stones. They line my kitchen.

Best Answer

Lucky you!!

Best Answer

every seaglass collected means a mermaid dies. True.

Best Answer

Ohhhh..... That makes me sad........

Best Answer

yes.....trying to collect enough to make a mosaic table, artwork or some jewelry.

Best Answer

I know. There is so much to it. Walking the beach, enjoying the sun, sand, surf, and then finding beach glass. Red is the rarest.

Best Answer

I used to have a ton of it. I gave some of it to my niece bc she was fascinated by it and her dad threw it all out. He said it was dirty and dangerous.

Best Answer

what a *****! i hope he gets asthma from his "ouch-proof" safety helmet.

Best Answer

HAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!

Best Answer