Did you feel any gain from the experience? What prompted you in the first place? ...sorry for the question overload!
ImpossibleSludge ImpossibleSludge 22-25, M 8 Answers Aug 5, 2012 in Health

I broke up with my high school boyfriend who cheated on me with my best friend. I didn't want to say anything harsh or put anymore stress into the world so I sat silent for a few days. I didn't communicate with anyone and it was lovely. I felt more in control of my emotions and kind of at peace. It was strange and wonderful :)

Best Answer

That sucks that that happened to you, but it's also strange and wonderful that you picked a successful method for dealing with it :)
I've never done it at all, but it's been interesting hearing about the different motives and results people have had. I'm still not really sure why - but I'm considering doing a vow of silence for a month later this year (probably October, for practical reasons.) I'm not sure what to expect at all. I'm not even remotely religious but I nicked the idea off monks.

Best Answer

It makes you view people a little differently. Alao makes you really aware of how emotion governs us at time over logic.

Best Answer

Yes, I participated in the Vow of Silence at my high school two years in a row. I didn't speak all day in honour of those who are unable to speak for themselves. Both times I also attended a peace conference with other students from other schools. I am very glad I took the vow, because it reminded me how lucky I am to have the freedom to say what I want.

Best Answer

That's great that that's encouraged. I know there are one minute silences here sometimes, an entire day involving multiple people must be insightful.

Best Answer

.

Best Answer

Wow. I thought I'd get SOME kind of comment.

Best Answer

I have done such think over two weeks until the person dragged themselves to apology.

Best Answer

Wow, was it just this one person you didn't speak to or were you completely silent to everyone in order to make that point to them?

Best Answer

Just that person, but the silent treatment I could give to everyone if I so chose.

Best Answer

I recall doing something similar to a high school friend when he used to get irritating and egotistical, so i'd be the one that ignored him and put him in his place - was quite effective.

Best Answer

ROFLMAO...After death will this ever happen tome...And even then I ain't to sure

Best Answer

i tried to until i got threatend with loss of my cell phone

Best Answer