They give you twilight sleep, Do these sedative drugs make you sick? Does it hurt when they inject lydocain in your thigh? Can you feel it when they put in the large needle for the catheter port? Can you feel it when they thread those wires and things into your heart to inject the dye? I heard they dont cut you anymore where they put in the port, that they just use a large 3 mm diameter needle and when they are done they inject calogen to plug the whole in your leg? I also heard that if they use a baloon to open a blocked artery or put in a stent it creats the temporary condition like having a heart atack and is very painfull? I have never had any kind of opperation in my life and Im kind of paranoid about it. They say one in 1000 people die from having this done. Can anyone tell me their experience in detail????
thomasedwin thomasedwin 46-50, M 3 Answers Dec 3, 2012 in Health

My father had 3 angiograms and it is relatively safe procedure. You will not feel anything once the anesthesia has been given. The one thing you will have to be careful abt IMO are bleeding or hematomas post procedure. Abt the stenting, yes it's a bit dangerous only if they use a big stent completely bigger than the diameter of your coronary arteries. But I don't think ur doctors would do that, they would be considering it or have this double set up just in case it will happen. my father couldnt do the stent bec the stent would jst burst his arteries hence he had CABG. every procedure has its risk, it's jst u have to consider the risk-benefit thing. I hope everything will go well with you :)

Best Answer

It's almost a routine procedure so there's nothing much to worry abt as long as you're in capable hands :)

Best Answer

He is doing great :) . Lots of meds and regular check ups but he's fully functioning well :) I hope you're ok too dancemom

Best Answer

yeah I died feel better now

Best Answer