I used to be afraid of water, specifically dark water I couldn't see into. I got over it by going swimming at night.

Best Answer

kudos to you! I'm a bit creeped out by dark water too but it doesn't affect my life like this does.

Best Answer

my sister tried to get me over my spider phobia by locking me in the bathroom with one, it made it worse, now i won't even enter a room for weeks if it had a spider in it. i'm glad we have multiple bathrooms in my house. i'm going to therapy for social phobia, and we are going to do a great deal of talking and eventually exposure therapies. i think you should try some exposure therapy to spiders, not in an extreme way just enough gradualy that you are less and less afraid.

Best Answer

Siblings.... my brother caused my spider phobia in the first place! I don't really have a choice about going into the room if theres been one in it. We only have one bathroom. I'm really nervous about going back to therapy but I suppose that is what I will have to do. I hope it works for you, I think we should stay in touch and you can let me know how you are doing :o)

Best Answer

Stop looking!

Best Answer

If I could enter a room and not be searching for spiders that would be great but thjat's imposible at the moment.

Best Answer

I really don't like heights, but I sky dive at least 30 times a year. You just need to face it and don't back down.

Best Answer

well that's easier said than done.

Best Answer

Have you tried exposure therapy or cognitive-behavioral therapy?

Best Answer

I've had seven sessions, I don't know what kind it would have been.

Best Answer