Also what's out there to replace cigarettes?
Ghandimateghandi Ghandimateghandi 18-21, M 14 Answers Jan 21, 2013 in Addiction

Allen Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. I quit after 22 years of pack or two a day smoking Marlboro reds. I haven't wanted to smoke since the day I finished that book. I can stand being around it without ever craving it. The book helped me. I don't know how, but I did exactly what I was told to do and by the last page I was a non-smoker.

Best Answer

Everyone I know did it cold turkey, tossed out the cancer sticks and just stopped and never pick them up ever again.

Best Answer

I did! Yes finally. I tried doing the cold turkey thing. Did not work. so instead I devised a plan to deceive my brain. In the beginning, I smoked one less than the usual. Then that became two, then three. Going on like this I came down to 2 a week. One day I just forgot to buy a pack and I did want to when I realised that but I told myself...'temptations are like any other tests you have to clear and I will pass this' kept saying that till I reached home. I am a very lazy person, so I was like f the ciggs they are bad for me anyway.

I tea intake has increased though.

Best Answer

I smoked bout 40 a day until Dec 8th

Im using nicotine patches and nicotine gum when I get a bad craveing and I aint touched a cig since :-) It gets easier so go for it... and the best thing? I can buy a brand new car on finance with the money I spent smoking

Best Answer

I did it seamlessly and without any problem.Now I only smoke spliffs :)

Best Answer

I quit smoking after 10 years of being devoted to good tobacco :) it was creepy easy. I started coughing, checked my lungs and found nothing that bad - so maybe, I got scared. But since than I don't smoke and sometimes is irritated by heavy smokers. I may take cigarette only if I'm bloody drunk.

Best Answer

I did. I just didn't really want to smoke anymore- the money- the hassle- the smell...

I just woke up one morning and stayed away from shops and kept myself VERY busy! :)

Best Answer

Ahaha, did you get any bad cravings? When were they worst?

Best Answer

yeah and like right at the beginning when you've just quit. or like if your having any bad times you just feel you need one.. just gotta keep going i guess. I smoke every now and then if i am out on a night out but not often at all! I know people have done it by changing there cigarettes like less strong and keep changing them less and less and eventually go off.

Best Answer

Typed a huge reply but my internet went, thanks basically :3

Best Answer

hahahaha. annoying when that happens, right. It's okay :D

Best Answer

I don't smoke but the best way to go is to try and quit cold turkey, and it is the electronic cigarette, but I don't think you would want that because it would continue to fuel your habit, trying doing something that would take your mind off the thought.

Best Answer

Hypnosis clinic. Was effortless. Quit instantly without withdrawal.

Best Answer

Really, did you have to pay? If so how much?

Best Answer

Free public session, offered as a public service

Best Answer

Very simple (but not easy) two step process

Step 1 (this is the hard part) Decide you want to quit

Step 2 (this is easy) Don't smoke

Best Answer

my husband quit cold turkey, but some people I know swear by electronic cigarettes.

Best Answer

I bought one, it was okay. Kinda seemed pointless to me though, wouldn't beat the addiction just change it.

Best Answer

I think they're more for after you've quit smoking for a while but still have an oral fixation. A lot of smokers gain weight when they quit because they have to put something in their mouths at all times, and electronic cigs kind of keep them from snacking all the time.

Best Answer