SmartSweet1 SmartSweet1 51-55, F 4 Answers May 31, 2012

No I haven't, but I'd like to, I like Stephen King. Also I like his long books because then the mental journey is longer and more enjoyable. :-)

Best Answer

Well, this is not a book you carry on an airplane with you unless that is your only carry on! haha! It's over 1000 pages long! Footstool status!

Best Answer

I am quite familiar with books of 1000 pages or more. A couple yrs ago I read Lord of the Rings, also over 1000 pages, quite a journey it was. I loved it. It would seem that I am into forms of escapism and a big book is one of the best ways of accomplising that. Thing is sometimes the books that you expect to be interesting are not. eg. About 9 yrs ago I read The Satanic Verses by Salman Rushdie because I had heard so much of an uproar about it. I thought, "well if the muslim leaders are so upset by the book that they put a death sentence on his head then it can only be interesting. Here is my verdict : it was THE most boring book I have ever read. The only reason I forced myself to read it was so that I could say, "I have read the Satanic Verses."
The only mildly interesting part, and I presume that this was the main issue that muslims freaked about, was when mohammed (in the book he is called Mahound) ventured off into a cave in order to recieve verbal instruction on the writing on certain verses in the Qu'Ran because shortly thereafter it was revealed to him that the verses that he wrote were in fact dictated to him by Satan who was pretending to be god in order to **** with Mahound but it was too late to remove them because these verses had already been approved by Muslim bigwigs. LOL :-). Anyway other than that small section the book Sucked with boredom.
I'm not certain why this answer turned into an essay, maybe just because I like to chat to people who find such things interesting. Most real life aquaintances will, after I say such a thing, look back at me with either glazed and confused eyes as if their brains are trying to comprehend or as if their brains are short circuiting. Also the religious type will often be reluctant to even contemplate or talk about such things for fear of offending god and sentencing themselves to purgatory for eternity. There I go waffling again, I'll shut up now.:-)

Best Answer

I remember something about this book and the cave. But I didnt read the book.

Best Answer

Don't bother reading it unless you have trouble falling asleep at night. It will put you to sleep in about 2 minutes.Boring it is.:-)

Best Answer

not bad. it has a tendency to go on a bit long as is his usual thing. but overall good.

Best Answer

You are right about that. I can see that if I ever suffer from insomnia, all it will take is a few pages, not necessarily from boredom in as much as the way he phrases things, and gets to the point, or doesn't whatever the case may be. lol

Best Answer

its his gift and curse i think. very detailed without using too many words for the level of detail. Take Shawshank Redemption. not even 100 pages and it a long movie. But nothing missing or extra in the movie.

Best Answer

So true! That was one of my favorite movies..Morgan was great in it! :)

Best Answer

Love Stephen King. Will be looking out for this book. I need something to read about now.

Best Answer

Be prepared to have tired eyes. lol You will like it though. :)

Best Answer

I love big thick books. Sometimes I read until I get migraine..

Best Answer

I read it. Eh, not his best.

Best Answer

Not his worst either...it's a bit jumbled in the beginning as he sets the scene. I have to really pay attention. lol

Best Answer

Well it's a really old book that he finally finished. His editor needs a talking to.

Best Answer

I'll look in my address book and see if I can find his editor's number and do just that. lol

Best Answer