anneonymous anneonymous 22-25, F 12 Answers Jan 30, 2012

I haven't taken it myself but my mother took it for her anxiety and it made it worse and very aggressive, she now takes xanax and lexipro which chills her out and levels her out. I think prozac is better for states of depression or anxiety where you have trouble getting out of bed and getting on with life, getting motivated etc. That wasn't my mothers problem, her anxiety caused her to be angry and irritable all the time and prozac made her worse. That was just her experience with prozac, it might be different for others.<br />
I personally have taken Xanax for my anxiety and it has worked quite well but these days I prefer to use meditation and cognative thinking techniques.

Best Answer

Thank you. I too have anxiety that makes me irritable and unable to sleep so I will keep this in mind

Best Answer

I also like to meditate so I'm hoping this helps

Best Answer

I've been on it for over a year. Combine with other medications, it has been pretty effective at reducing my anxiety/depression. Pros--I can focus much better and don't get as depressed and angry as I used to. Cons--Decreased sexual interest--Can still get the job done, but just not as interested as I used to be.

Best Answer

I heard about the lack of sexual drive.. hopefully this doesn't happen but honestly I'd sacrifice it for less anxiety. Thanks for the response

Best Answer

Ive taken Prozac...and no joke,it made me homicidal after six days of treatment. I had to be given a double dose of tranquilizers to stop it. -not cool-

Best Answer

Yes, and it was very, very helpful. This was especially true in my case where I had been taking the older generation type antidepressants. Prozac has a much smoother side effect profile.

Best Answer

pro: been around long enough to be safe to take, unlike so many of the newer meds.<br />
con: it didn't work for me.<br />
I would recommend trying it at least. It is better than most alternatives as far as anxiety meds go.

Best Answer

I have been taking fluoexitine for 2-3 years now and find nothing bad about it<br />
the only thing I find is i need a full stomach otherwise i get heartburn<br />
otherthen that<br />
I feel like myself again :D

Best Answer

ive been taking it for 3 months so far it seems to work.

Best Answer