mojorising mojorising 51-55, F 7 Answers Oct 9, 2010

I told my family that I was giving oxfam gifts this year. They have everything they desire already and I don't need to waste money on stuff they're going to feel obligated to keep when they really want to chuck it in the shed. So, I buy gifts in their honor that helps other communities. If money was an issue you could donate your time volunteering and write them a note that said for christmas you donated x hours at x charity in their honor. You could continue by describing how each one of your loved ones displays traits of the charities "mission statements". Its a lovely gesture and it doesn't cost a thing. Everyone wins.

Best Answer

I think that Xmas presents is just a retail / commercial bonanza... I don't agree with it. If I want to give someone a present, I give it to them whenever I feel like giving it.

Best Answer

It's something my family and i haven't done for a few years..we just buy presents for the kids ..We spend Christmas Day together..cooking..laughing..just enjoying being together..unfortunately not all of my family are here..so that makes it even more special..something money or gifts can't buy.

Best Answer

No, my friends and ..what is left of my family know why I do not get into the christmas thing. Nothing to do with financial reasons

Best Answer