peza peza 46-50, M 12 Answers Apr 13 in Politics

Yep. Unless your one of the rich I guess

Best Answer

What is interesting is that American company's love capitalism.But send there jobs overseas to communist country's.

Best Answer

They did not send there jobs overseas they sent our jobs overseas.

Best Answer

The world is failing capitalism. It's a great system but it can't survive in a collectivist world. In capitalism, some win and some lose. At some point in political / economic evolution the 'losers' out number the 'winners' and capitalism loses it's popularity. I'm not putting a moral or ethical value on it, I'm just saying that's the way the cookie crumbles. : )

Best Answer

But apart from the super rich (the 1% if you like) we will all be poorer in every way in the future. That's failure , surely ?

Best Answer

In this country, people who apply themselves to their studies, work hard and practice delayed gratification, or come up with innovative ideas can become wealthy regardless of their beginnings.....or at least that's the way it used to be. I see capitalism as dying, not failing the people. The people have failed capitalism. The intentions are noble but the outcome is not good in my opinion. There is no such thing as a level playing field. In a collectivist utopia, there will still be those who live better and lord it over the others.

Best Answer

Not really. Mustn't throw the baby out with the bathwater as it's said. It's led to many positives, but has been abused, misused. No country has an out and out capitalism system now, except maybe Russia where it's unfettered. Obama and his ilk are attempting to provide much-needed safety nets. It has evolved and will evolve further, and that is what Marx argued

Best Answer

Didn't Marx argue it would destroy itself ?

Best Answer

Hugo Chávez gave much needed safety nets out. God save his sole.

Best Answer

You're not funny mate.

Best Answer

@Peza, Yep. Marx argued capitalism is simply a stage, and the inevitable contradictions would mean it collapses - eg 1929. Since then safety nets, checks and balances have been introduced. Without Capitalism though certain things would not have come into being. Marx coined the term, "dialectical materialism" and it is this dialectic that will lead to much needed changes. However, I'd argue people are not ready for socialism yet, have not evolved sufficiently. So far they've just fkd it up

Best Answer

@Lostintime, Chavez got the right principles but has to contend with backward thinking, like yours. As said to Peza, most aren't ready for socialism. It amuses me those who attack a country attempting a more socialist way probably have so few of their own needs met in a country that has espoused an unenlightened capitalism; are also probably and sadly not well off but still believe in the "American Dream". Hence too the rather ignorant attacks on Obama.

Best Answer

Arguable.

Best Answer

No. Its the only thing holding together a world economy.

Best Answer

Not necessarily. However conservatives love to invoke Marx only through talking points.

Best Answer

Anything to an extreme is a failure

Best Answer

no the world has failed capitalism

Best Answer

Of course not,,,why would it,,???

Best Answer

Because of the steadily rising rate of wealth inequality , the very thing that capitalism was supposed to address.

Best Answer

Interesting,,,,so tell me,,,without capitalists,,,where would private sector jobs come from,,,????????

Best Answer

Well without capitalists there would be no capitalism obviously.

Best Answer

I understand that,,,,so where would a working man with a wife and kids get money from,,,????????

Best Answer

Only to the Russians.

Best Answer

But they are its greatest advocates today.

Best Answer

Why they sure are, and I just love their iron curtains.

Best Answer