caramelLova1 caramelLova1 31-35, F 10 Answers Oct 7, 2011

I do not celebrate Christmas. My parents are ultra christians therefore Christmas was cancelled forever when I was around 8 years old. I no longer miss it. I have a good chuckle at the people rushing around and spending themselves into debt every year. i do however celebrate the solstice which is the actual root of Christmas and all other festivals that take place during that time. I make a delicious meal, I buy or make one heartfelt gift for my partner and we then burn candles in order to celebrate the returning of the light as the days will begin to grow longer each day. All of this makes me happy and keeps me out of debt. Now if i could get just the Christmas songs turned off.

Best Answer

what is it about ultra christians that makes them not celebrate? the gift exchanging or the whole celebration? i really am curious

Best Answer

Christmasas has some roots in the Feast of Saturnalia which is a Roman holiday in celebration of non christian Titan Saturn...Father of the Gods. There are also numerous other Pagan festivals that take around the Winter Solstice that help influence the Church affixing Christmas on the 25th. There is no reason for Christians to celebrate during this time.

Best Answer

Why bother having the modern Christmas at all? Although I am Christian, I have not celebrated it at all since I was divorced and, more or less, for years before that. No one expects anything from me. I expect nothing from them. It is, again, a quiet and nice season. Just tell the people you would have spent money on that you will not be doing that this year and, please, not to spend any on you either.

Best Answer

Yes. But last year my heart was broken, and during Christmas of '09 my son was ill, and we were really just feeling homesick, like strangers in a strange land.<br />
I have decided though, that this year will be BETTER. The money bit isn't what it will be about. I just want to get into the mood. Go and see some festive scenery. Listen to the right music. Watch some Christmasey stuff. Just feel better about the whole thing, if you get what I mean.

Best Answer

yeah thats what you need to do DECIDE that your going to make it better this year. and the mood will follow. thats great advice!

Best Answer

I agree.

Best Answer

The last two Christmases were my first two Christmases without my mom (she passed way). She loved Christmas. Mostly now it just seems like a season in remembrance of her.

Best Answer

Sucked for the last 30 years

Best Answer

dayum! lol okay....so I take you've given up on christmas?

Best Answer

Such a ridiculous holiday. Don't feel obligated to participate in the money part of it! You don't have to. You can exclude the gift giving part completely and save yourself the worry. Love cannot be shown through tangible things anyhow. You can still spend quality time with your family, make some scrumptious food and have a great time without the presents part.

Best Answer

if you automatically think it will be a drag, it will be! the past is in the past and it will be what you make it. what has prevented you from having a good christmas in the past?

Best Answer