I don't see huge changes. The girls I know who are married (I'm not) are more responsible for cooking, childcare, etc. even if they work. If anything, women do a lot less now and men don't do much more, so more things just falls through the cracks.

Best Answer

"traditional" define please. Two hundred years ago we had traditional & most of that was ba<x>sed on an agrarian model. It was good for all participants (man, woman, child). Everyone had a role, domestic power was passed back & forth between partners as necessary (the pants were one size fits all). There was little time for power struggles, no one was "oppressed", they participated. That was perverted when women were escalated to princess status (affluence which allowed leasure time). Those days are gone but modern women now refuse to participate. Personally, I did both roles (all domestic & work) being called MomDad by the kids. After 27 years we are separated, the kids hate the woman who has custody. She still is neglectful, lazy, & narcissistic. I took on both roles BECAUSE there was "stuff" that had to be done. Modern women would not last a day in "traditional" roles because most still operate with entitlement. Kick them to the curb, very few royal family's exist. Insects have queens, treat modern women like bugs until they come back to the real world.

Best Answer

I think gender roles in marriage have become more fluid allowing both men and women more freedom to chose what kind of marriage would be best for them. It's difficult today to realize that not to long ago, a woman entering a marriage was expected to be under the leadership of her husband, regardless of intelligence, maturity, and leadership qualities.

Best Answer

Many women still submit to the leadership of their husband but yes I take your point.

Best Answer

I don't think roles have reversed, but I do think that the traditional roles of husband and wife are diminishing. It's not unheard of for a husband to cook, clean and do laundry and plenty of mothers are also going out to work full time, we're handy with DIY and we can take care of our vehicles.<br />
Roles are more equal now, it's how things should be. For a team to work, people have to work together.

Best Answer

We have role reversed. I'm the guy who dresses and acts like a girl everyday while my ex-wife know wears the pants and is the dominating one. She wants us to live like that for now on.<br />
I run all the errands, cook, clean, laundry etc. She works and plays.<br />
I cater to her every need, she just comes home from work and I take care of her.

Best Answer

Me too, I dress like girl, well I'm the housewife and he (she) wears the pants. I love to live like agirl.

Best Answer

great to hear their are others like me enjoying the life of a complete girl.

Best Answer