A " friend " of mine told me today she had picked out the basketball team and everyone was on it. Except me. Today I learned I have it good. A lot of my friends helped me get thru this and they had my back. I think the " friend " may start to regret her decision.
willdancefordessert willdancefordessert 13-15, F 5 Answers Nov 13, 2012 in Parenting & Family

I'm sure they have i just don"t know about it yet

Best Answer

Please don't do that. <br />
Don't act all tough and get your friends to solve your problems. Maybe your just a bad basketball pla<x>yer? <br />
And even if she did indeed "betray" you by not selecting you for something as unimportant as a basketball team, what about taking the high road and be the better person?<br />
You retaliate, they retaliate, you retaliate even worse and they retaliate even worse. Don't be a waste of space and air. Be a better person.

Best Answer

It's middle school. It hurts when you can't be with any of your friends. Also, I didn't try to involve them, I was planning to solve it myself but they noticed how miserable I looked ( I have always been a happy person ) and decided to help. Plus, you can't always let them have their way. I've done that with her already, so I need to stand up for myself

Best Answer

Your right. Every year 15 million children die of hunger. One in twelve people worldwide is malnourished, including 160 million children under the age of 5. And to top it off, every 3.6 seconds someone dies of hunger.
But yeah, your middle school basketball situation is the important one.
Rise above it, my friend. It gets so much worse later.

Best Answer

Well, I live my life in the present. I understand what's going on in other countries but I really can't do anything about that at the moment. We are going thru toughish times. So....

Best Answer

Isn't "living life in the present" just an excuse for not caring?

Best Answer

Not lately. Did you ask your friend why you weren't included? Are you any good at the game?

Best Answer

Yeah I am, but I really don't want to talk to her

Best Answer

I understand, but try to give her a chance sometime to tell the reason. There's a chance she had a decent reason and wasn't doing it just to be mean to you.

Best Answer

Well, one of the friends told me she said " I don't want Mikayla or ( my name ) on the team " to which she replied " Mikayla is understandable but why ( my name ) I like her? "

Best Answer

Get it straight from her. It's better, because you never know what gets lost in secondhand information.

Best Answer

But I don't want to talk to her and she is avoiding me like the Plauge. She won't meet my eyes. I try to keep from being mad at her, and try and see the reasonable side of things, but I can't on this one. I honestly don't know what to do. My friends are kinda acting like my bodyguards and I don't even want to THINK of what will happen in gym tomorrow. I was intending to keep this silent from my friends

Best Answer

Maybe I'm not really sure but she's not there when I need her and that disturbs me x

Best Answer