NedKelly1 NedKelly1 56-60, M 16 Answers Apr 6, 2012

Well, let's say we spend watching re-runs of old shows or DVDs more often than new shows.

Best Answer

That depends on what you call 'recent'. To my crusty old brain, modern TV shows are just crass and I don't waste my time watching them. <br />
I would estimate that the rot set in in the late '60s - if that's 'recent' then the answer is YES.

Best Answer

well what tv shows did you dislike from the late 60s?
.......
the comment about a vast television wasteland was directed at two of the worst shows of the early 60s
a. Mister Ed [the talking horse]
b. The Hathaways [the talking monkeys dressed up like people]
.........
The critics totally loathed Gilligan's Island, but the fans were there, even if it was a bit simple at times....
..........
Norman Lear did a lot for 70s television with All in the Family and other shows that slipped in issues of problems of society or politics.

Best Answer

mmm depends to the brand you have ...lol

Best Answer

If you scrutinize- hasn't everything

Best Answer

It sure the heck has who has time for the stupid stuff any more.

Best Answer

WHAT QUALITY ?

Best Answer

The best television shows were 1959-1980
something seemed to have slipped about 1980-1984
.......
When Married with Children ended, i started to say, man what's good on television anymore?
.......
A few people think when
a. Married with Children
b. X-Files
c. Star Trek - The Next Generation
when THESE ended, people didnt see much left on television anymore.....
........
Till the Daily Show with Jon Stewart about 2002 and it was even watched by everyone's mom since it was like a crude version of 60 Minutes telling stuff that everyone else on the nightly news was dancing around....politically
........
I think the best television was 1960-1975 personally.
No one has attempted the creep out factor of paranoia as:
a. Outer Limits
b. The Invaders
c. The Prisoner
d. Kolchak the Night Stalker
...........
Here's my question, what was creepy on television after The Invaders and before Kolchak?

Best Answer

Rod Serling's NIGHT GALLERY ran in the years between THE INVADERS and KOLCHAK. Probably were some other, short-lived shows that I can't remember.

Best Answer

Yeah i knew something was missing, i spoke about those 3-4 shows and included Night Gallery to a friend in email a while back and still couldnt account for the gap after Outer Limits and The Invaders for like a year and a half or so.... and the long gap after Kolchak too....
........
Most people got their feed with seeing the syndicated reruns sorta like star trek with sci fi for a zillion years after 1969... And the one reason Star Trek was well liked by some forces in the industry was that it sold television sets, brilliant colour film and the feeling of the cutting edge of the future, does well for a TV salesman..
........
No one wanted to touch the military-industrial complex much like The Outer Limits, but then again Stefano did do the screenplay for Psycho, so he knew the creep factor well....
.......
Is it me or does Mitt Romney seem like something out of the Invaders, like meeting Jack Lord, playing Vikor, or somethings?

Best Answer