Not only are they worthless and expensive, but they are assuming too much power.

Best Answer

No. Everything you said is true, but it still provides an important forum - flawed, and toothless or not. Groups like UNICEF and other associated arms do great work.

Best Answer

Thank you. That is a good point. I could not come up with any?

Best Answer

Was it EVER useful?

Best Answer

It really has and I don't believe many people (in the US) have any respect for things that go on there at the UN.

Best Answer

LOL, the US pays half the bills for the UN and corruption is exactly what the US wants to encourage. It's empire baby and this train ain't stopping until it derails. Politicians spouting nonsense about freedom and human rights, while eating people alive. SSDD

Best Answer

I never saw anything but corruption! UNICEF WHO & THE World Bank just suck the U.S. dry. If it has teeth, guess who'll get bit! Those of you who support the rebels in Syria might want to look a little closer at who you are supporting. Al-assad, tyrant that he is, is the only protection the Christians, The Turkish refugees and the Kurds have from Jihadist minded rebels who are bent on extermination of anyone who doesn't believe exactly as they do! Even other Arabs! While you're at it, look a little more closely at the Islamic Brotherhood which now controls Egypt or what Putin is doing to the Russian democracy! Islamic Jihadist are systematically eliminating others from what they consider their part of the world, while spreading into Europe and western Asia.

Best Answer

It's my opinion that we need a global body with some real teeth to enforce minimum standards for human rights on a global scale. The human race can't move forward until we can all begin to work together towards solving the world's ever increasing problems before it's too late. Modern media made the world a "Global Village" and if that is still true it's time we had a village meeting.

Best Answer