My mother had always expressed disappointment with me, making me feel bad for not being smarter, more talented etc. I felt like I was letting her down by not being the daughter she wanted to have. Even though I'm an adult now, I still have trouble accepting myself as I am, and a part of me still wishes I was better and more lovable, like she wanted me to be.

Best Answer

Thank you. I understand. Pain can last a long long time. Sometimes we don't know where or who we would be without it.

Best Answer

Yea when i had my daughter at 18 my dad said that **** to my face, it hurt but i understood his pain. Although i knew he still loved me as his child just at the time i wasnt his sweet little girl anymore but hes over it and he loves being a Granddad!

Best Answer

Thank you. I hope this continues to mend you heart seeing the love he has for your babies.

Best Answer