I went to the winter games in Utah in 2002. Interesting experience, but so freakin' expensive just to be a spectator. You're better off watching it on television where it's nice and cozy! Especially for winter sports. brrr.... I got to see some bobsledding up close at least.

Best Answer

Winter games to me is an absolute waste of Do$h

Best Answer

Twice in my lifetime,in 1956 and 2000.The facilities remained in use afterwards on both occasions.

Best Answer

I can recall Lake Placid, NY, Atlanta, GA, Salt Lake City, UT, and Los Angeles, CA so far for the US. It was a big boon for downtown Atlanta, I believe -- afterwards, but not during. I'm not sure if it's ever worth it.

Best Answer

I believe that the LA games (84) was the only one to make dosh, well up to a few games anyway...

Best Answer

Yes,the four Summer Olympics that preceded L.A. in 1984 were all disasters for varying reasons,and nearly brought the whole Olympic movement down.

Best Answer

I remember the 3 M's. Moscow, Montreal & Mexico. Tokyo was before that I think, hard to believe they would make a blunder?

Best Answer

2010 Vancouver, woot!! Im not sure what they are doing with the facilities now... whistler is still a ski slope, the skating rinks are still skating rinks, and I think the Olympic village is going to become government housing? I think the big torch we sold for scrap value because it doesn't work.

Best Answer

Hope the government housing doesn't mean luxury pads for the government ministers?

Best Answer

I think it is for people who are on welfare or something.

Best Answer

I think it will be an absolute disaster. More money wasted the same as on the Millenium Dome<br />
We don't have the infrastructure in UK to do something like the Olympics we will be paying for next 100 years

Best Answer

The Millennium Dome was on a hiding to nothing. I think it would have needed about a million a week to go, and it was impossible to get that many in

Best Answer