OMG I have fibro and the pain is getting unbearble. I'm seriously just about to ask the Dr. to amputate my legs- I can't take this pain much longer- what is the whole body vibration machine? I can't believe that in this day and age we are allowed to suffer in severe pain like this! I feel like I'm in the dark ages.

Best Answer

Hi sosadallday,
How long have you had fibro? Are you on any pain meds such as Lyrica? I don't personally take it but my mom does for fibro and it seems to help her. It is expensive and some insurance companies don't cover it. I do however take amitriptyline for sleep so that my body reaches the delta level of sleep that it needs and this doesn't happen with fibro patients. This is when the body repairs itself so if you don't reach that level of sleep symptoms are worse.
Whole Body Vibration is a machine that you stand on and it moves up to 30 times a second in a see-saw type motion bringing you body out of balance causing your muscles to react to keep you upright & balanced. The constant contracting and relaxing of the muscles in a 10 minute period is like doing a 1 hour workout. It is supposed to help with flexibility, weight loss, muscle toning & relaxing, increase circulation, improve bond density, and decrease pain from fibro and other injuries and conditions. Just google whole body vibration and check it out. I am considering trying it for a few months to see if it helps me. If you are like me and are unable to do an intense workout to tone up and lose a few pounds then it might be worth checking it out. I'll keep you posted if I have any positive progress with it.

Best Answer

I've had it for 8 years. Just diagnosed last year. i can't take Lyrica because I tend towards depression and it is contraindicated for that. I looked up amytriptaline and it causes headaches which I already get on a regular basis pretty severe- so, I don't wanna take any thing that will give me more as over the counter meds don't take my headaches away.. I try and steer clear of drugs that lessen one problem only to create more in other body systems/parts. So far the only thing that has worked is strong pain meds but no one will prescribe those long term- they rather i'd suffer. I heard there is surgery now for it? My dentists nurse told me today when she saw how much pain I was in- I'm going to look into it.

Best Answer

Surgery for what, the headaches or fibro as a whole? I've never heard of a surgery for fibro. Chiropractic helps for headaches and fibro. I've been doing chiro since 1991 and working in a chiro office for 14 years so I've seen a lot of people in this office for chronic conditions getting relief. Most doctors try to scare people away from chiropractic saying neck adjustments are dangerous but they are actually quite safe. My grandchildren have been coming since they were only weeks old. I only take the amitriptyline for fibro because if I don't take it I donlt sleep and I don't take pain meds by choice. It's very important to stretch and strengthen our muscles which can be very difficult for us when we end up in so much pain from excersise. This is why I am going to give this whole body vibration thing a try for 3 months and if I find it helps my fibro I'll get the message out there to as many people as I can.

Best Answer

My fibromyalgia responded to mega doses of MSM (methyl sufonyl methane). Start out with a lower dosage and build up until you feel worse in some way, then cut back to the previous dosage. Only take it in the morning, because if you take it later in the day it may interfere further with your sleep.

Best Answer

She said cleveland clinic is doing surgery for Fibro! My insurance won't pay for chiropractic. I'm in pain just from walking around a grocery store- I can't even think of adding excersise to the mix. The more I use my muscles the more it hurts and the longer the pain lasts- I'm having severe leg pain from 8pm for 7 hours because i cooked and did the dishes :/. let me know if the vibro chair works- so many louses prey on those in pain with bogius contraptions that only make them richer.

Best Answer

Hmmmmm I'll have to try that. Did it end your pain?

Best Answer

I've wondered about those machines as well.

Best Answer