I have experienced "the secret" before I realized it was a common thing.... In other words, I was "directing" what I drew to myself having no idea that this was a named process that had been written about by many authors. I was very surprised about the negativity the book received and also surprised by how popular the book and the movie became.<br />
Crazy enough I was somewhat handed several huge items and experiences using very little energy.... I received 4 large, life changing things in a span of about 9 months but it was a two year process for some of these things to begin and then end their development or complete realization, or emergence in my life. I also had 2 fear ba<x>sed things drawn to me and 1 serious, fear ba<x>sed thing drawn to me in a span of two weeks during the same period. Consequently those 4 large, life-changing things seemed an absolute impossibility... And all of them fell into my lap!<br />
Opponents of the law of attraction usually only perceive in the book what can be misconstrued as negative. These Opponents do not have an open mind or a scientific/ investigative mind where they actually seriously go through the process of directing L.O.A. So of course, they will be pretty negative about it. L.O.A. needs to be consciously experienced, everyone already experiences it in automatic-pilot mode.<br />
The specific author and book I had some misgivings because I learned that a controversial author had been involved in the movie in the beginning and Byrns had contacted this controversial author to do this project. They later pulled out for a couple reasons. I felt that Byrns was not shining enough light on all of the authors who have been writing about L.O.A. Long before her grandparents were born and also this controversial author who had originally signed up to be the main speaker in the movie.<br />
I know the process works. I find that watching the movie makes me feel positive. The material in the book is positive. I think the people who are adamantly opposed to the movie and book should get their priorities straight. How about opposing something that glorifies violence? How about opposing the production of nuclear bombs? How about opposing world hunger? Of all the things you could have an opposition to, you pick a movie and book that over all sends a motivational message?

Best Answer

It was a watered down, mainstream appropriate version of magick(the k is intentional). The same thing that a lot of wiccans and pagans do, but with the religion and ritual taken out.

Best Answer

I thought it was horrifying. "Wish for material wellness and you'll get it" was what I took away from it. Bull ****

Best Answer

Look deeper than that. It actually had very little to do with the overall message. Some people, you might or might not be also, may watch the movie or read the book with perceptions about it that they only want to prove by watching the movie or reading the book. I also noticed that people who pick up on that message and only that message tend to perhaps in general highlight the negative. I would advice you to actually study it... Then you will find the real message.

Best Answer

Watching it once was really enough for me. I'm not knocking your belief in it, I just think it's nonsense.

Best Answer

It isn't a belief when you have knowledge of it through experience. It is one thing to believe it is true not having experienced the "directing part" of L.O.A. It is a very different case when the person has actually experienced it even prior to the "fad-like" air of the movie "The Secret.". From reading people's almost knee jerk assessment of not only L.O.A. but of other subjects as well, makes me wonder how one can dismiss something that for 1) had been misunderstood; and 2) never been experienced; 3) one small part had been highlighted as well as misunderstood in their minds. How can one give an educated opinion about something while doing those 3 things above? How does one decide something might be true and worth trying? 1) understand the concept or process. 2) at least try to experience the concept before judgment; 3) pay attention to 100% of the concept, not a small portion which had also been misunderstood. I don't get how anyone can place judgment on anything without investigating it with those three things in mind.

Best Answer

............... i cant tell you.

Best Answer

I think that regardless of whether or not you believe in the more mystical elements of it, it is basically true.<br />
That old saying that 10% of your experience is what happens to you, and 90% is your attitude about it, that is true. The Secret really focuses people on being positive, taking responsibility for what they do, feel, think, and attract into their lives. I think it is useful for many people.

Best Answer

Bullsh*t

Best Answer

Come on... That answer is over used. Explain your mind! ;0)~

Best Answer

All I got out of that book was "think positively and all your wishes will come true" It says nothing about working hard and fighting for what you want and need, which is how people really get by. I agree that no one should walk around with a chip on their shoulder but to try to brainwash people into thinking the more of a pushover they are the more they will receive is the biggest bunch of bullsh*t i've ever heard.

Best Answer

If you can get past the "be careful what you wish for you just might get it/the light at the end of the tunnel is a train" b.s. it's great. A couple of the "spiritual masters" involved with the documentry were like that<br />
"Electricty can cook...BUT IT CAN COOK THE MAN AS WELL!!!" <br />
There is NO invisible "boogie man".

Best Answer

I think that some of it is common sense, the rest of it is just dangerous.<br />
Positive thinking does help improve your life. Positive thinking changes your attitude and when your attitude changes for the better, then opportunities open up for you.This is common sense.<br />
I say that the rest of is dangerous because you need to be careful what you wish for. I do believe that intense positive visualization can manifest your dreams into reality but you really need to be careful what you are wishing for. I have done it so many times, and when my dream comes true, something always goes wrong that I didn't think about. I have ended up more hurt in the end. <br />
One thing that the book mentions is that this power is limitless, that if everyone in the world use this technique to bring wealth into our lives then no one will be poor. There is an abundance of wealth, enough for everyone. This goes against what I strongly believe, that the universe has a balance. I believe that the universe balances itself out, one way or another and if you take something for yourself, then you are taking it away from someone else.

Best Answer

I see what you are saying but. I must say that you comment: ".... If you take something for yourself, then you are taking it away from someone else" struck me as erroneous. Can you give an example of what that "something" could be?

Best Answer

It was probably not the best choice of words, I will take back that comment but I do believe that the universe has a balance. For every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction. Coming up with a particular example is quite difficult, but I do strongly believe it. I know that this isn't an acceptable answer to your question, but it is all I can give right now. If I can think of an example, I will come back to you.

Best Answer

I haven't, should I?

Best Answer

if its more than ten pages then probably not

Best Answer

It is a movie too!!

Best Answer

i will watch the movie, as long as its not over two hours long

Best Answer

Let me know what you think of it if you do watch it!

Best Answer

darn now i have to go buy a tv, the things i do for people

Best Answer

I want to scream anytime someone tells me how much they like the book but isntead I just smile and say 'intresting'

Best Answer

Why do you want to scream? More details....

Best Answer

because the conversation will then move toward relgion and specifically using the bible as a historical reference without questioning that maybe every single word in the bible is just fiction

Best Answer