smasmaagain smasmaagain 51-55, M 9 Answers Nov 21, 2012 in EP

I've been smoking for 6 years. I honestly quit cold turkey, and smoke occasionally here and there when I'm drinking alcohol. Other than that, I don't smoke at all. The desire is still there, it always will be, but it's my choice and I'm in control of it, not the other way around. This mentality really helps.

Best Answer

right, it is MY choice, thanks so much, wish me luck! It is a gross habit isnt it

Best Answer

Depends on how many you smoked a day. I only did it for a few months but I just bought normal chewing gum ro replace the cigs. Worked for me

Best Answer

about a pack a day. I will try the gum, certainly cheaper than cigarettes

Best Answer

i stopped almost two months ago.. but i just quit cold turkey, no particular method, just stopped smoking them..

Best Answer

then what> how did it go for you?

Best Answer

it is going fine.. i still want a cigarette now and then but i have managed to not pick one up..

Best Answer

so what did you do when you thought you wanted a cigarette?

Best Answer

so uh how did you not pick one up. Like the worst time for me is the morning, what did you do there/then?

Best Answer

Allan Carr's Easy Way to Stop Smoking. Read it almost five years ago and quit by the last page. I haven't smoked since. I haven't even wanted it. I also got a meter (silkquit.org has them for free) so I can see how long it's been since I quit, how much money I've saved, and how many times I haven't lit up. It's pretty cool. I rarely look at it these days but I know I've saved almost 11k dollars. I smoked for 22 years, 1-2 packs a day.

Best Answer

im quiting cold turkey started today and i WILL beat it no more cigs for me :)

Best Answer

hang tough...........apparently it gets easier.........but i wouldn't know ;-)

Best Answer

What worked for me was every time I wanted to smoke, I would just take a deep breath and relish the feeling of clean air, and unclogged lungs.

Best Answer

thanks I wil try that. How long has it been?

Best Answer

5 years. The deep breaths will really firmly fix in your mind why you want to quit. Your lungs are some of the most sensitive tissues in your body.

Best Answer

oh gosh, that did it for me I think, my lungs being the most sensitive tissue. thanks so much

Best Answer