im not depressed never am but i have unwanted thoughts and to much anxiety and panic attacks i want it to stop i cant handle it no more enough is enough i take 5-htp and inositol it helps but i want something stronger i cant help myself no more i hate living like this
adamlevinemine9 adamlevinemine9 18-21, F 7 Answers Nov 11, 2011

Don't take it unless you do research on it and talk in depth with a qualified doctor about it. I took it years ago to help quit smoking, it worked. I was on it about six months. Years later, it was prescribed for depression and anxiety. I took a relative small dose, but this time over a much longer period of time. I am now looking at being on it from here on out, increasing dosage every year or two. The very short term use you could possible get benifit from it. But the side effects and withdrawl symptoms are horrible (over a two year course of trying I could not get over them) if you take it very long and it seems to vary with each person as to how long it takes to become addicted to it.

Best Answer

for 2 weeks

Best Answer

how did that go

Best Answer

i stopped taking it i was having problems , falling asleep while driving , working ...not good

Best Answer

I took it for a week, had serious side effects, mainly hallucinations ... So I switched ...

Best Answer

I took Zoloft for anxiety and depression. I had horrible problems with it; severe stomach distress, and G.I. Bleeding. I'm told that it doesn't happen with most people though.

Best Answer

but did it work despite the side effects

Best Answer

I didn't have highs or lows. I sort of buzzed along on an even level. I didn't like it. But yes, it worked on my specific problems.

Best Answer

I stopped taking it. I felt like a zombi, and like I said, the side effects were awful. I'm taking something different now, and it's great.

Best Answer

cool Zoloft no no im still researching

Best Answer

Years ago... I took it for depression.

Best Answer

did it work

Best Answer

Yes, I divorced my husband. lol

Best Answer

oh awesome then

Best Answer

Horrible. I hated Zoloft. It made me like a Zombie and made me feel more suicidal than I was. It was only helping my OCD by making me sleep all day. I got up to 150mg of it and they wanted to put me at the max of 200mg but I just stopped taking it, I know you're not supposed to but it didn't help me and I'm glad I did. Now I'm on Celexa and Klonopin.

Best Answer