Could Iron be responsible for Spontaneous Human Combustion? Iron is a Free Radical, meaning it has unpaired electrons and wants to steal some electrons. Phosphate, if it's electrons are stolen by these free radicals, becomes dangerous elementary phosphorous.
neooork neooork 16-17, M 4 Answers Apr 30, 2012

Are you the Phosphorus guys second profile?

Best Answer

would it need a dry environment to achieve enought heat source to gain combustion?..is heat generated at all by these electron migrations? oO

Best Answer

No. Phosphorous burns readily in water.

Best Answer

And yes, free radicals are what actually cause fire, albeit a lot. But it would only take a few Iron ions with 3 unpaired electrons, to take electrons from the phosphate ion to make the Phosphate ion become elementary Phosphorous (lose it's charge AND oxygen atoms).

Best Answer

i'm skeptical. and way outa my memory and league, but phosphorus in the human body is used in muscles and movemment and recovery innit? so you suggest when i'm burning phos-whater it is at this stage to repel lactic acid or whatever the case. a iron with 2 unpaired electrons could rom that bit of phose i'm using at that exact time?... and blow my arm off my shoulder.. oO possible i guess , but i'll run with improbable :)

Best Answer