I haven't been to EP in several months. Now I'm back and my browser keeps freezing up. Has anyone else experienced this?
1blujay 1blujay 46-50, M 6 Answers Dec 29, 2013 in Community

My FF locked up two days ago - no matter what site I tried to go to the page would stop responding. I restarted my computer, and when I tried using FF again, it gave me a window saying something about having lost my tabs. I selected "cancel" and FF unfroze. No problems since then.

Best Answer

Interesting. Restarting was the first thing I tried but there were no changes, I still kept getting 'not responding'.

Best Answer

Try shutting off the computer by turning off the power to it. Turn the power back on, and when you start the computer, select to 'start windows normally' when the selection screen comes up because Windows wasn't shut down properly. If there is a tab-save glitch carrying over through normal restart, the fresh boot-up that Windows has to do after an improper shutdown might give you the FF screen that I was talking about when you start FF. If so, be sure to select "cancel" instead of selecting to restart the session. "Cancel" should wipe any conflicting data as the session ends and a new one is begun. I hope my idea helps.

Best Answer

Oh, good idea, I see what you mean now. When I restarted before i did restart the session with two tabs open. Thanks for the detailed explanation. I will give it a try.

Best Answer

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you. :-)

Best Answer

I'm back and on firefox, so far so good but need to browse around a little more to say for sure the problem is solved.

Best Answer

Also check the status of any add-ons that you have in FF to see if you need to re-enable them. For some reason, my add-ons were disabled when it canceled the old session and started a new one. I realized it when I came to EP and saw ads - realized that my Adblock Plus add-on wasn't working.

Best Answer

Very good, your right I had adblock at one time too but I think it was left off in the last update. I was going to let you know that the same problem occurred again and I am back on chrome now. I suspected the ads might be the culprit, they were driving me mad. I will go back to FF, re-install adblock and try again. I'll keep you updated. Thanks again.

Best Answer

Okay. Good luck. I've been using FF without problems for a couple of days now since I got it cleared up. I hope that yours starts working right too.

Best Answer

Okay I'm back adblock was there it just needed to be enameled. Too early to tell if the problem is going to persist but it is an instant relief not to be dealing with those ads. thanks for taking an interest and walking through this with me. I have a feeling it is going to be okay now.

Best Answer

You're welcome. :-)

Best Answer

I'm satisfied now that the issue is solved. It has been an hour with no problems since i re-enabled adblock. Over and Out.

Best Answer

Yes but I think its ffox. When the computer goes into standby FF freezes been happening like 3 or 4 days?

Best Answer

yeah....mostly yesturday

Best Answer

Yes, it's been lagging all day today. Who knows...

Best Answer