But exist on a higher level of awareness and understanding and we don't understand them because we are below their level, instead of the other way around?
assyrianpride assyrianpride 18-21, M 24 Answers Feb 8, 2013 in Hobbies

Yes I have wondered, considering autistic people tend to be overflowing with empathy there may be something more to it.

Best Answer

In my personal experience Autistic people are no more empathetic than most people. They Just can't control their emotions as well as most people. Not that there's anything wrong with autistic people, it's just they require...a careful and measured approach usually.

Best Answer

As am I. I started digging around the internet, trying to gain some enlightenment as to why I seem to be wired differently than most people.
Turns out Asperger's syndrome describes my personality so closely it was almost eerie reading it.

Best Answer

Have you ever wondered if your dog knows exactly what you're saying and just pretends to play dumb?

Best Answer

yes i have wondered.

Best Answer

Oh good, I'm not the only one who's had a completely asinine and idiotic thought.

Best Answer

but i think cats are more intelligent than dogs and have much more humanlike understanding than dogs would

Best Answer

Do you know the sound of comedy jumping over your head?

Best Answer

yes, and do u know the sound of me playing alon with it for my own entertainment?

Best Answer

No, enlighten me, Yossarian

Best Answer

Best Answer

This has some ground to it. People with mental disorders often have Heightened sense in parts of our brains that "normal" people have very little function in.

Best Answer

i think you have a point

Best Answer

in about half the cases its really just a case of someone who is different using the system to milk out a free ride. I suffered a massive head injury and have been around a LOT of mental people durring treatment.

few were missing marbles. MANY were petty crooks on a program.

Best Answer

ive seen plenty of examples of that.

Best Answer

absolutely. There are a lot of things that people with all kinds of mental disabilities can do and understand that others can't

Best Answer

I suppose it depends on the disability but yes, I have wondered that about some. In fact, some cultures believe people whom we would call insane are actually "touched by God" or in tune with some spirit world.

In terms of depression and those kinds of mental illnesses, I think that most of those are actually the result of a society which simply leaves too many people isolated and lonely due to a breakdown of our inherent social organizations, which are fundamental to "feeling human."

Best Answer

There is evidence that when certain parts of a mind are "disabled" other parts might move in to compensate, sometimes with striking or unexpected results. Overall, the mind is a mystery, and people are given the label "disabled" according to what they can or can't do compared to certain averages. That leaves a lot of room for splinter or savant skills, which can develop when one part of the brain is damaged or not operating in the typical fashion. I know that there are things that some autistics can "see" that I cannot. But it's not so much that they are what I'd call higher all around- it's just different. Just another wonderful twist of the capacities of a human mind.

Best Answer

Sometimes I've found out they really weren't disabled.

I worked with this chick at a fast food place, she had Down's. She "acted" the part and I would end up doing her work, she would say it was too much etc... While I was doing something super ****** for her, emptying rancid oil buckets I looked up and there was the sliest, most, amused look on her face. I pointed at her and I said "hey you!!!" and she said "gotcha good huh?" lol

Best Answer

I always wondered if they REALIZED they were mentally disabled

Best Answer

If they could realize that they wouldn't be disabled now would they?

Best Answer

yeah...but I dunno
realizing is the first step to fixing it.
Although it only works for emotionally disabled people

Best Answer

some do

Best Answer

no but I would say the majority of people writing these questions are!

Best Answer

no i think theyre just bored and think that posting retarded questions makes them somehow less bored, or makes them fit in with the rest of the idiotic people on here.....

Best Answer

Well it's one or the other

Best Answer

who knows, all i know is im not one of them (the stupid bored people)

Best Answer

Yep, that's why they **** their pants.

Best Answer

I'm mentally disabled but I have about normal iq tho.

Best Answer

Then ur not disabled

Best Answer

Woah...Sounds like a stoner conversation, lol!

But yea, I've wondered that, too.

Best Answer

speaking of stoners, i was coming home today and when i got off the bus i was walking past the driveway to wendys and this guy coming out of the driveway stopped in the middle and rolled down his window (while the people behind him were honking and yelling at him) and asked me if i had any bud or if i knew anyone that could sell him some. he even reached into his glove compartment and pulled out a nearly empty bag of weed and showed it to me to try to get me to feel sorry. i wouldnt doubt he was stoned at the moment, if he was thinking clearly he should have known that for all he knows i could be a plainclothes cop.

Best Answer

Lol! I hate narcs, and I hate people that make weed look like something addictive, or like it's crack, or something...

Best Answer

me too...i couldnt make out the rest of what he was saygin besides he needed some weed

Best Answer

I'm a huge stoner, and to me, weed is never something that is "needed." if it is, then I don't do it. It's just one of life's pleasures, that I enjoy. One of many. Not a big deal, lol! It bugs me when people take stuff too far.

Best Answer

As for a higher level of understanding yes. When one lacks in one area other areas compensate.Def people have other senses hightened as do blind people.So logic dictates the same would apply to those with mental deficits. I knew a guy with autism who had trouble associating with others,yet bring him any broken electronic device he would eitherf fix it or search other devices to repair the one that you brought him.

Best Answer

I think that's the wrong definition. I might be wrong, but disabled is a physical condition, Mental issuse are differant

Best Answer

so what would you call someone who is considered by everyone else to be "mentally disabled"?

Best Answer

Someone with mental health problems. My mum is disabled from MS. I have a friend with mental health problems, he's not disabled, just has mental issues

Best Answer

mental health and mental disability are two different things

Best Answer

so what conditions are classed as mental disability?

Best Answer

autism, aspergers, down syndrome, williams syndrome, and i know there are a lot of others i just dont know what they are.

Best Answer

I think i'm just being picky, what you mention above are disorders rather than disability's.

Best Answer

theyre disabilities because they disable u (if thats how u choose to think of it

Best Answer

I think if even for just a single day, all such people became normal and all the normal people became mentally disabled, things would change after.

Best Answer

duh.....

Best Answer

Did it happen to you?!

Best Answer

You wish

Best Answer

Naw, I wouldn't wish that on anyone. But extreme perception changes sometimes take extreme life experiences.

Best Answer

Mhm.

Best Answer